Android OS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on an evo stuck on the un rootable 2.3.3, and today I got a notification that there was an update available. I clicked cancel for fear that it would make getting my evo rooted take even longer. Does anyone know anything about this update?

·
Android Ally
38 Posts
My friend got the same thing. He downloaded and installed it, and it screwed up his Sense somehow and the launcher wouldn't work. He couldn't do anything unless something appeared in the notification bar. I had to go to the market on my computer and send him Launcher Pro, and then he used that to go into settings and clear the data for the Sense launcher, and then it worked after that. My other friend with an Evo didn't get this. Both of them are on stock unrooted 2.3.3.

·
Professional Stuff Breaker
1,402 Posts
It's possible that it was just the 4.24.651.1 OTA, and you're still on 4.22.651.2. Right now, there's not too much different between them besides some bug fixes, so updating to 4.24 shouldn't give you any issues when it comes time to root later, compared to 4.22.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
I don't have my Evo rooted yet, I did download the OTA and it says the version is 4.53.651.1 not the one Macinyasha said. Anybody have a clue what the changes are? Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts