Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Droidrage
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any reason to update to .602 then put CM7 back on? I'm super happy with CM7 on .340, but since my tweaking hunger hasn't been satisified in a while, and before I undergo the process, is it actually worth it? Anything new about it or just knowing that you're on .602 kernel?

·
Witty catchphrase here
144 Posts
I just loaded it up this morning. It's much snappier overall. Boot up is 5 or 10 seconds faster. battery life remains to be seen. I will be testing that later today when i go to work.

·
Riding the Android Wonka-vator to the top....
391 Posts
I've been running it for a week now and here are some pluses, for me anyway:

1. Battery life is better (for me) on the GB build.
2. I'm using MIUI camera and it takes widescreen pics without any problems.
3. All stock live wallpapers work.
4. Usb works on the first plug-in.
5. Hard keys respond on the first press.

All thanks to Rev for his awesome work on these builds!

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
jaydubbs said:

Where did you get the MIUI camera .apk I tried finding it but no luck.

·
Android Addict
756 Posts
jaydubbs said:

the live wallpapers (love cm nexus lwp) and hard key first press were main reasons i've taken the jump from 2nd-init (cm7/omfgb) to cm4dx-gb and so far only thing thats annoying is the 10% battery but if battery life last longer than 6-8 hours it's totally worth it.

·
Android Apprentice
31 Posts
Hard keys first press is why I switched. And the battery seems like its a little better, I think.

Maybe the reset battery stats in the new clockwork is working now and that's why the battery seems better?

·
391 Posts
Gobbles23 said:
Thanks for the link. Is there a way to get the camera button to open this camera instead?
I'm not sure, to be honest. I know that the system makes the MIUI camera the default camera app when you install it.

·
Android Lover
439 Posts
"SplicedX said:
I just loaded it up this morning. It's much snappier overall. Boot up is 5 or 10 seconds faster. battery life remains to be seen. I will be testing that later today when i go to work.
5 or 10 seconds faster? More like 75-90 seconds faster! !!!!!

·
Android Beginner
44 Posts
Camera apk installed but didnt work....flashed the fix and it installed old one back in...

·
Android Beginner
68 Posts
If you have root explorer find the stock camera file and rename it to.bak this should allow the phone to make miui camera as default. Or freeze stock camera in titanium

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
21 Posts
"jaydubbs said:

I tried the MIUI camera but the widescreen won't focus. All other sizes are fine. Anybody have any ideas?

·
391 Posts
iphonekillerjoe said:
I tried the MIUI camera but the widescreen won't focus. All other sizes are fine. Anybody have any ideas?
I had this problem too, but here's what straightened it out. In settings, make sure Auto Focus is unchecked. Then go into Focus Mode and select Infinity. Now your widescreen pics should be good.

·
Android Beginner
21 Posts
"jaydubbs said:
I had this problem too, but here's what straightened it out. In settings, make sure Auto Focus is unchecked. Then go into Focus Mode and select Infinity. Now your widescreen pics should be good.
Thanks jay, but where's focus mode? Zoom doesn't seem to work either.

·
391 Posts
iphonekillerjoe said:
Thanks jay, but where's focus mode? Zoom doesn't seem to work either.
Focus Mode is down at the bottom of the Settings Menu under Other Settings. My focus is working fine either using on screen controls or using the volume rocker but I think that in your case it's directly linked to the Focus Mode being set to Automatic. Once you switch this over to Infinity it should allow you to focus.

·
Android Beginner
21 Posts
"jaydubbs said:
Focus Mode is down at the bottom of the Settings Menu under Other Settings. My focus is working fine either using on screen controls or using the volume rocker but I think that in your case it's directly linked to the Focus Mode being set to Automatic. Once you switch this over to Infinity it should allow you to focus.
This is from the settings menu of the MIUI camera I installed. I don't seem to have other settings. Sorry, I'm a camera noob so I'm a little lost.

Attachments

·
391 Posts
iphonekillerjoe said:
This is from the settings menu of the MIUI camera I installed. I don't seem to have other settings. Sorry, I'm a camera noob so I'm a little lost.
It looks like you're running an older version of MIUI Camera. Did you download the one I posted on the page before?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts