Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
I downloaded peppermint 3 and chakra last night to give them a try.

before I go and install one of them, I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on them?

I still have Mint 13 to fall back on if all else fails, I just want to give them a try

I thought peppermint looked interesting with the focus on cloud apps / ice.
Chakra (clair) seemed fairly decked out.

I primarily use Linux for web browsing , web apps and theaming android (just for me). I have windows 8 on duel boot , and don't want it to get junked up with spyware.. use it for office, visual studio (just installed 2012 ultimate) and games/media

*******edit

peppermint 3 is super fast.. but I can't find the terminal :D

·
Android Aficionado
279 Posts
Firstly, I've been meaning to ask, is your profile pic Emma Stone, because that's who it looks like lol..

My experience is limited to Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint, Arch, SolusOS, and I forget the others, but I find that only those five provide everything I need in a decent-looking GUI.

I will say neither of those Linux distros you're asking about really appeal to me (but I'm really picky
), of course Ubuntu, at least with my laptop, is kind of shit. Like it'll kernel panic once a day or so, and random errors are commonplace. Never had these issues before Unity, 10.10 lived in the good ol' days.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why yes.. she is about to nom a plate of food

I liked mint 13 for screwing with android. I had ubuntu 10.10 before. I went a few years without windows because I was sick of cleaning my computers up every time my kid went online, so I ditched it.

she mainly plays minecraft so it worked out well.

as for those 2 I mentioned: peppermint is kind of sweet for being so light. Chakra seemed bugged out.

I am going to try openSUSE tonnight after I get out of class. just for kicks

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
I've been meaning to try out some other distros but just haven't found the time. That being said I'll echo what the other guy said and tell you mint 13 has been by far and away my best experience for anything android.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts