Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are they worth buying? idk if i got a lemon or what but my battery is TERRIBLE. it literally wont last more than 6 hours with minimal use on 4g. when i use my extened 2750MAH (physically extended) battery, i can easily last an entire day with heavy use of data and usage.. which leads me to believe that my battery must be bad or something since it doesn't even last half as long as my large extended and it's over half the size.. anybody have either of these slim ones and what's your experience if so?. ANY input would be wonderful!

Seido slim extended battery - 1600 MAH
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004O0TGU2...e=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B004O0TGU2

Mugen Power slim extended battery - 1700MAH
http://mugen-power.amazonwebstore.c...src=froogle&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=froogle

·
The Bindiest!
126 Posts
ElectroFetish said:
are they worth buying? idk if i got a lemon or what but my battery is TERRIBLE. it literally wont last more than 6 hours with minimal use on 4g.
Never used anything but the stock battery, myself. Just having the 4G radio enabled will drain your battery rapidly. Use a program like LTE On/Off to switch to 3G only unless you ABSOLUTELY need the extra speed. You'll get tons of extra time out of your charge.

·
Wannabe Modder
99 Posts
I do not have this exact 1700 battery, but I did buy a 1700 battery from ebay... red label instead of white, and no brand. It's not horrible, but I don't think it's any better than stock.

I saw that the 1700 in your listing is 49.95. For that price you can get the 2750 that has great reviews... as long as you don't mind the phone not fitting into standard cases and whatnot.

·
Android Beginner
127 Posts
I purchased the white label on black battery from ebay several months ago. It is a 3500mah. It will last me from my usual work day from 4a to 4p. This deal I purchased was for two batteries and two covers and two wall chargers. For all it was under $30.

This past weekend I was at our lake place which is off the beaten path with no 4G available. I could not get a hotspot signal and I knew to switch to 3G settings. The long and short of it Since I was going to be outside with possible rugged happenings I switched back to my stock battery with the original HTC back cover and protected the phone with my OTter Box cover. BAM! I had a 3G signal and I could sign into the hotspot wifi.

So I have determined that not all back covers with the antenna installed are not equal. Thusly, I am looking at purchasing a HTC cover and or a 2750mah with the back cover. I've a friend that seems to get incredible service out of his 2750mah HTC battery. He is using the SkyRaider Zeus Preview 2 ROM and after several hours (6+) he is still at 75% power. He plays music, surfs, emails and texts all day long.

Anyone else having these incredible times with their batteries?

·
Android Apprentice
112 Posts
I just purchased the oem 2750 batteries from Verizon since they are buy one get one.

I will be in touch on how they work out for me because right now I have spares purchased off eBay that I use, some are red colored the others are black with white labels, they last about as long as the original stock battery. I go through 3-4 batteries in a day, got to wall chargers that keep them charged and in rotation.

I'm hoping the extended ones give me better performance considering the battery cover is bigger. I'll be in touch.

·
Average Android
135 Posts
I have the 2750 battery along with the Seidio protective case. I just leave 4g on and go 24hours without charging. But, I will plug it into the car charger since I travel alot.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Just buy an official battery. After spending thirty bucks on so called extended batteries, I realized that they are almost always fake and you won't get 4g or extended battery life.

I believe they are 50% off at verizon right now. Cheap! Or just buy oem from ebay, it will cost about $27 for cover and battery.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
57 Posts
I have the 2750 HTC battery. I actually have two of them with a Seidio wall charger. Right now I'm at 23 hours and 6 minutes and I still have 35 percent left. And that's after playing music for 8-10 hours last night at work. I pull a day and 12 hours when I'm not working. And when I'm needing a charge, I just pop the other one out of the charger and switch them out. Oh, and I'm running BAMF Side Project 2.4.1.

·
Android Lover
202 Posts
"mystakilla said:
I just purchased the oem 2750 batteries from Verizon since they are buy one get one.
Seriously? Can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt running BAMF Forever 1.0.6 using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Lover
202 Posts
Nevermind, I just confirmed that the retail store in my area has it for 50 percent off.

·
Android Beginner
19 Posts
mystakilla

I will be in touch on how they work out for me because right now I have spares purchased off eBay that I use, some are red colored the others are black with white labels, they last about as long as the original stock battery. I go through 3-4 batteries in a day, got to wall chargers that keep them charged and in rotation.

I'm hoping the extended ones give me better performance considering the battery cover is bigger. I'll be in touch.
Does anyone know if this is legit or if you need a cupon code because I just looked on vzw's site and it said 49.99 ?

UPDATE......
I went to the checkout page and it does automatically take 50% off this item.. thanks for the tip....

·
Android Beginner
51 Posts
To the OP, I have the Seido slim extended 1600mah and I really don't think it's any better than stock, or if it is, cetainly not by very much.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
112 Posts
"Thrillhouse847 said:
To the OP, I have the Seido slim extended 1600mah and I really don't think it's any better than stock, or if it is, cetainly not by very much.

I don't know why it would be better anyways since stock battery is like 1600 also.

·
Android Apprentice
112 Posts
Yea not much of a difference there, maybe an hour if you're lucky.

I don't pay much attention to the numbers, all I know is I go through 3 - 4 oem stock type batteries a day and I've heard good things about the extended one so I'm giving it a try when they arrive.

·
Android Lover
202 Posts
So I purchased mine yesterday and once I popped it in it stayed at 38 percent for close to 3 hours, I did in overnight charge and then I used the BAMF toolkit to calibrate the battery, and it stayed at 100 percent for close to 2 and a half hours, but now I am seeing a drastic and rapid percentage drop.

Anybody know why?

·
Android Beginner
51 Posts
GoldenCyn said:
So I purchased mine yesterday and once I popped it in it stayed at 38 percent for close to 3 hours, I did in overnight charge and then I used the BAMF toolkit to calibrate the battery, and it stayed at 100 percent for close to 2 and a half hours, but now I am seeing a drastic and rapid percentage drop.

Anybody know why?

You need to charge it to 100 percent and then wipe battery stats in recovery.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.