Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously considering getting a Galaxy Tab 10.1 in the next week or so...my laptop broke and so I want something I can bring around with me when going on campus (I'm a college student), as well as browse the internet and whatnot at home on the couch. Anybody else looking to buy one soon?

·
Super Amazing Elite Recognized Developer
523 Posts
I'd highly recommend this tablet over any other android tablet on the market. I absolutely love mine

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Your just biased because yours has pretty little droids on the back... and the price was right

·
523 Posts
the screen its more sensitive, it doesn't feel as laggy (especially now that its got 3.1 on it)....so somehow even with the same hardware samsung did a better job.

btw, there IS going to be a video out to hdmi cable

·
Themer
192 Posts
Ya I just don't like that you'll need proprietary cables for it. I've never noticed any sensitivity issues on my xoom. I know google/Moto have dropped the ball, but I'm sure it'll be greatly improved in the next update. But with it being rooted there's full r/w sd card functionality, USB hosting, oc, ad hoc support, etc. So im happy even with it technically being a beta device.

·
523 Posts
Yeah, I'm with you on the cables thing. The tab just feels nicer in my hands as well, which is really just a preference thing i suppose.

·
Themer
192 Posts
I prefer the heft of the xoom over the lightweight samsung. Plus being a google experience device will eventually have its advantages. Hopefully ....

·
Tech Fiend
70 Posts
I'm excited about picking one of these up by the end of the month. Trying to find some good accessories for it. Samsung has a slew of accessories at launch, but expensive.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
I am saving up to pick up one.. or heck.. may be get luck with the contest
. Btw, those going for relatively cheaper "features-rich" option can certainly go for Asus Transformer tablet. Quite feature rich but not sure about the performance and capability to mod. Yes, ASUS is trying hard to keep it "in stock".

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Word is that Samsung is going to be releasing a touch wiz update in the future. My question is, if I root this bad boy, am I going to be able to stay on vanilla honeycomb? That's the only thing I'm worried about. PS: best buy should have these in stock tomorrow!!

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Depends what you call hardware -- xoom: 32gigs inside vs galaxy: 16
And from what i remember better cameras on xoom? And expandable memory on xoom. And the fact that xoom is going for same price now (costco has it for 499 this wkend). I know samsung has a pretty rough reputation on updates (although so does motorola, but not quite as bad).

·
Android Apprentice
108 Posts
Picked one up taday. My 6 year old want let me touch it, since he discovered the games. It is nice and fast.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
On the release day of the galaxy tab I very happily bought a xoom for the same price. And I enjoy my 32gigs expandable ports and standard outputs

1 - 20 of 29 Posts