Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Developer
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realized after releasing a ROM that no one was using Koush's AnyKernel method for flashing kernels. This poses a problem for ROMs with custom ramdisks. Someone mentioned the AnyKernel method did not work on this phone. So I did some investigating. With a few changes to the script, I have it working perfectly.

Credits here, of course, go to Koush. I just modified his script. The kernel zip attached here contains the kernel from the latest leak. Because this uses the AnyKernel method, you can flash this on ANY GB Sense ROM and it will work and not break WiFi.

Download --> Tbolt_AnyKernel.zip

·
Kernel Dev
897 Posts
Good work. Me caynniarb, and ziggy have been using anykernel for the thunderbolt for months. Imo, its way better than the bootimg method because you dont lose any mods to the ramdisk that way.

·
Kernel Dev
897 Posts
masri1987 said:
So this won't change any tweaks of specific roms?
No. Most rom devs tweak the boot.img to include various things such as sysctl tweaks and, in the case of the new leak's bootimg, changes to wifi. This does not touch the part of the bootimg where the tweaks are (the ramdisk). It decompiles th boot.img, packs the new kernel in with the boot.img, and re-compiles the boot.img.

·
Not an 4DM1N. Ever.
179 Posts
"tcpninja said:
This most definitely just fu<ked my shit up. Couldn't boot after flash..... Should of performed a backup first.
This is just a script not actually a kernel.......
Oh and just flash your rom back over or a kernel to fix it

·
Android Apprentice
19 Posts
superchilpil said:
"The kernel zip attached here contains the kernel from the latest leak. Because this uses the AnyKernel method, you can flash this on ANY GB Sense ROM and it will work and not break WiFi."

Looks like it should've included a kernel?

·
Supporting Member
35 Posts
superchilpil said:
It does include a kernel. The zip has a zImage in it. It also includes some executables to make the boot.img from the zImage.

--Edit--
On a side note, FML. I'm at work with a shitty partial T1 connection so I cant download and install the Android SDK on my laptop, and my work computer is a POS windows box that see's my phone as a generic USB hub....... Now I'm without a phone until I get home :angry:

Totally my fault though. I should have waited to see what other had to say first. No more jumping on the band wagon from work for me.

·
Android Beginner
18 Posts
Place the zImage file in the kernel folder, your module files in the system/lib/modules folder, add the 3 folders to a zip, sign it, then flash it in cwr.

·
Android Beginner
18 Posts
The kernel that is included will only work for sense roms, but I think if you were to put in the appropriate aosp kernel and files it would work just fine.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
12 Posts
Selvedge630 said:
The kernel that is included will only work for sense roms, but I think if you were to put in the appropriate aosp kernel and files it would work just fine.
Thanks...but I think I'll wait until I hear of someone using it successfully with an AOSP kernel first... :wink2:

·
Android Beginner
18 Posts
i'm also getting boot loops when I try using this, but the same files zipped in the template from ppcgeeks boots just fine.

Sent when my boss wasn't looking.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts