Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed I have a Sim Card Slot on the lower right hand side of my touchpad. FB359UA#ABA is what it shows, I didn't put a SIM card in it yet, was curious if anyone else had this on theirs and if not, what should I do? Bought at a Wal-Mart in the Phone section if this matters

·
Average Android
117 Posts
I've been wondering what the little cover-plate was for down there so I got out my handy dandy little spike tool and popped it open. Under the plastic at the bottom-right of my touchpad, there was a little slide-out tab that simply has 2 bar codes, s/n and PN on there. No space to insert any sort of card. <sadly>

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Same as mine. I have the Tab there but cannot put a sim card in there. Ive got a 32 purchased from Havey Norman here in Australia. From what i belive and what good old google has found for me it is only the 1.5ghz got the sim card reader in them. the lower models have the tray but no way of putting a sim in it at all. :sad: the one thing that would make my purchase the best ever. i would find it so much better if i was able to put a sim card in it.

·
Android Apprentice
42 Posts
Sounds like they designed the 32GB model's chassis to accommodate a future model that would have either microSD or 3G support via SIM. Then they got scrapped, but HP kept the design.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, im not trolling but I dont see the conductor for the Sim card when it pops out, it has two serial numbers on it and won't fully pop out, still attached to the frame. I'll post a pic tomorrow if anyone wants to see it

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Sounds like the same as mine. I can pull it out but the actual contacts etc are not in there. They have not been put in. The part you can pull out is like a blanking plate.

·
Android Lover
141 Posts
There was another thread on here somewhere about this. AFAIK, there was a SIM card slot for the upcoming AT&T model, but our 16gb & 32gb models do not have the hardware built in to support it. We have the slot, and that's about it.

·
Android Apprentice
75 Posts
that is the products I'd tabs, it serves no purpose beyond allowing them to use on machine to cut all 4 holes.
as compare the speaker holes to the tab and rocker switch, they are all the same size

·
Android Apprentice
18 Posts
From what I have seen ( I am speculating ), there are 4 models. 16gb, 32gb, 32gb w/ 4G (touchpad go), and the 64gb. It is likely that a super small number might have a visible sin card slot depending on what revision they where manufactured on, to my understanding thou, if u have a sim card slot, don't expect power or visible connections to be attached to it. Next is the processor, if your processor model begins with APQ, forget about it and don't get your hopes up, the processor does not support cellular communication, if by some weird chance you have one with a MSM prefix, umm call me :D, you may have won a Lottery.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
I saw on a review of the touchpad that this is not a sim card slot. HP created this slot so there could be a place to put the serial number. That is all it is. Pop it out to see the serial number, pop it back in to close. That is the only function of it.

·
Android Beginner
12 Posts
Yeah, it's HP's place to store serial numbers. All of the enterprise class HP servers at my work have a similar setup where you can pop/pull out a flap with a serial number on it.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
It is a sum card slot I have it on my 16gb model too. I Bestbuy was trying to sell me a free touchpad with two years 3g data plan.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
gammagogeta said:
It is a sum card slot I have it on my 16gb model too. I Bestbuy was trying to sell me a free touchpad with two years 3g data plan.
all the computers and tablets has a discount of $100 with a two year contract of mobile internet at Best Buy, so it was a free tablet but with a mobile access point, not 3g

1 - 20 of 38 Posts