Android OS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a store desperately trying to hire me. Are the commissions OK? Are there any employee perks? Gonna talk to the lady soon but I want to see some other experiences.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
78 Posts
I spoke to a salesperson about this exact thing yesterday. There were a few key things he outlined, but I'm not sure if this is the same for all stores and branches.

He told me that pay was on commission, which was ok, but that it was a pool, so the entire team wasn't trying to outsell the other.

He works 4 days a week in the store, but does outside work too for corporate clients. This money is his to keep and doesn't get shared.

He also gets a good price on his phones and plans, but wouldn't give me any specifics.

Hope this helps a little :)

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
I work at radio shack. if corporate store benefits are like ours then they are nice. Commission system is probably different but the benefit of being on the employee line is most likely the same

·
Indubitably
706 Posts
Corp store sales rep. Depends on tier, I work in tier a (busiest store type, my store has third most sales in mw area which is 11 states) and I'm on pace for fifty. My base is like $13 an hour, rest is commission.

Perks are free unlimited business phone (new phone every four months for free ), 50% off personal acct. up to five phones (upgrades every 10 mos)and a tablet (same as personal phone). Benefits are sick, I pay $13 every two weeks for medical vision and dental. I have a $15 copay for any doctors visit in network. For over 2k of dental work, I payed $187. Haven't had to use vision yet. Great comp, high potential for earnings.

·
Android Apprentice
67 Posts
Hey you wouldn't mind going over the Radioshack Verizon benefits would you? I work at a franchise and they still haven't worked out the contract with the franchise stores yet but it should still be the same.

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
We have a concession plan where we can get a free phone and our plan is 10 bucks a month and we are on tiered data but its half off. So the $30 plan would be 15 for us. The devices they are giving out are the octane of you need a basic phone, the thunderbolt, and Droid charge. They had the mifi on there too but my rep told me that they aren't doing that anymore.

·
Supporting Member
1,839 Posts
idkwhothatis123 said:
Corp store sales rep. Depends on tier, I work in tier a (busiest store type, my store has third most sales in mw area which is 11 states) and I'm on pace for fifty. My base is like $13 an hour, rest is commission.

Perks are free unlimited business phone (new phone every four months for free ), 50% off personal acct. up to five phones (upgrades every 10 mos)and a tablet (same as personal phone). Benefits are sick, I pay $13 every two weeks for medical vision and dental. I have a $15 copay for any doctors visit in network. For over 2k of dental work, I payed $187. Haven't had to use vision yet. Great comp, high potential for earnings.
That almost sounds like it would be worth putting up with the stupid people in my area...

·
Indubitably
706 Posts
"ERIFNOMI said:
That almost sounds like it would be worth putting up with the stupid people in my area...
Its extremely competitive and cutthroat. Goals are in place and they are lofty, but if you hit its a good bonus. If you don't repetitively you can get fired.

·
Supporting Member
1,839 Posts
idkwhothatis123 said:
Its extremely competitive and cutthroat. Goals are in place and they are lofty, but if you hit its a good bonus. If you don't repetitively you can get fired.
My problem is dealing with the customers as much as dealing with other people working.

·
Android Beginner
14 Posts
its a good job but it depends on who you work for there are a lot of indirect agents and each one is very different.
but you do deal with a lot of idiots, you will teach the same person the same thing over and over and they still wont get it. retards.

·
Sith Lord
38 Posts
I've strongly been considering a career change to work at Verizon; I'm just afraid of the things I've read in terms of making quotas and getting let go because of it. I have a decent job as an accounting clerk right now that pays well, and my girlfriend and I am very comfortable. But I do hate the work I'm doing, and my family keeps bringing up that I should work with my passion (the mobile industry). Most of what I read online are angry people on indeed.com and I figured they are the bitter ones for some reason or another. I have a corporate store where I live and I love going in there to just chat with the sales reps. Any thoughts to think I would be dumb for going for it?

·
Indubitably
706 Posts
Droidscythe said:
I've strongly been considering a career change to work at Verizon; I'm just afraid of the things I've read in terms of making quotas and getting let go because of it. I have a decent job as an accounting clerk right now that pays well, and my girlfriend and I am very comfortable. But I do hate the work I'm doing, and my family keeps bringing up that I should work with my passion (the mobile industry). Most of what I read online are angry people on indeed.com and I figured they are the bitter ones for some reason or another. I have a corporate store where I live and I love going in there to just chat with the sales reps. Any thoughts to think I would be dumb for going for it?
I left vzw to be a personal banker at Chase. Best career move I've ever made. I've also been in retail since I was 16. To each as own. Vzw is a good company to work for, the bitching customers and the hours just weren't for me anymore though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts