Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have four lines on my family plan, and two of them are eligible for upgrades. Two of us are pretty big Android nerds, and are just waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S II to come out. Also considering the Bionic - if its bootloader is unlockable. I'm not too impressed with any current phones out there. Anyone else just sitting on their upgrades?

G

·
PatHoge said:
We have four lines on my family plan, and two of them are eligible for upgrades. Two of us are pretty big Android nerds, and are just waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S II to come out. Also considering the Bionic - if its bootloader is unlockable. I'm not too impressed with any current phones out there. Anyone else just sitting on their upgrades?
My line is actually eligible for an upgrade since I used my sister's upgrade for my Droid X. I highly doubt I'll upgrade from the Droid X in the next year or two since the phone does everything I need it to and more. I may use it down the road if a phone catches my eye, but there's just nothing out or coming out that will pull me from the Droid X.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
ya i used my moms upgrade to get my X. So im saving mine for something. I had to tell my dad not to use mine...cus he was about to upgrade my moms phone because her flip phones battery is going bad. I was like NOOOO DONT WASTE THAT UPGRADE ON A NEW FLIP PHONE. GET A NEW BATTERY LOL.Im thinking about the bionic too if the bootloader is unlocked. still might even get it if its unlocked but i wanna see how big development for it goes. i just really want dual core,4g, and unlocked bootloader.

·
RootzBoat Swashbuckler
101 Posts
My line still has an upgrade available. Waiting for something that is amazing before I use it.

·
Omg Lazerz!!!!!1
811 Posts
Kinda disappointed in the new phones. Im a great huge htc fan and vzw dosnt have anything out there right now besides the tbolt which is what i have. Maybe when my upgrade is here we will finally have the nexus s.

·
Registered
373 Posts
i jumped on the incredible 2 after hearing the ota gingerbread update wouldnt allow root.. my og incredible is still amazing but now i just use it to test.. my inc2 with cm7 is exactly what i wanted when i first got the inc.. its blazing fast.. as for 4g, i dont feel i would ever use it being im in wifi the majority of the time, either at home or at work.. only time i use 3g is listening to google music, and that streams perfectly over 3g ;] my bro got the x2 and im just not a fan of a screen size that big.. the inc2's 4 inch screen is just perfect for me...... but i will say that galaxys2 looks sick tho ;p

·
1337 h4x0r / Developer
56 Posts
I have 2 upgrades available right now, and 2 that will available in May 2012... so my evil plan: Upgrade to the Bionic, and if the SGSII comes out within 30 days and I dont like the Bionic, exchange it for that. Then upgrade to the Quad Core Motorola devices which are rumored for January. If I wasn't able to go to Google I/O, then I would probably upgrade to whatever superphone or tablet is around in August of 2012.

·
Android Apprentice
54 Posts
I'm sitting on my upgrade with my DX. I was thinking about getting the D3, but with the lack of 4g LTE and the fact that they used the pentile display screen has really turned me off from buying. I was also hoping for the unlocked bootloader, but I'm not holding out for that so much lol. The Bionic is looking pretty sweet, but now I hear that thing will possibly have the pentile display screen as well. I also kind of wanted a slide out keyboard, but it seems like most of the best phones don't really have them. Would have been great if the D3 was made with a little bit better specs.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
just wondering. have never really asked verizon about this...being that i have my upgrade and havent used it(had it since march) am i delaying my next upgrade? like does verizon make you wait 2 years from the day you actually use your upgrade? or do u just get a new upgrade every 2 years on the same date?

·
schmoove
85 Posts
One of mine just came up today. But i will be holding out for the Nexus Prime if it comes to VZW.... makes the Bionic, SGS II, and HTC Vigor (my 2nd choice) look like kids toys. I have the TB and am extremely happy with it right now though (i. e. S-Off)

Thunderbolt..... RootzWiki.... blah blah blah

·
Themer
575 Posts
I've got two upgrades that I'm sitting on. One I'll probably use for the SGS2 for me, and for my wife, I'm not sure what we'll get, she really likes the D3 but wants to wait for a little while.

·
Android or Die
290 Posts
I've got one and I'm waiting for the Prime also. If it doesn't come to verizon then Sgs2 it is.

Sent from my Root Stick using Black RootzWiki Forums

·
Themer
575 Posts
Personal opinion, hold off on the Bionic. It'll probably be a great phone, but probably will be locked.

·
Android Apprentice
15 Posts
I have an upgrade to use. Currently have the DX, I've wanted to get the Bionic for a long time but with all the news/rumors I'll be waiting at least a few months before I decide anything.

·
Android Rocks
965 Posts
I have one upgrade thats been available since March of this year and another that will be available in March of next year .
I havent seen any phone yet that would be what I would call an actual upgrade to the phones I currently have.
Seems like since the Iphone has been on vzw they have dropped the ball on getting top end android phones,( an other carriers have picked up on the top end androids).Hopefully this changes one day.
Sooooooo Im still in the waiting mode lol

I think the new every two starts again after you burn that upgrade.

But, IF they actually continue that.I thought I heard they where going to drop it tho but not forsure on that part

1 - 20 of 33 Posts