Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Android Beginner
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm generally happy with alpha 3 and find Android by and large useable today. I do wish video calling with skype worked - I pull out my macbook or boot back to webos currently when I need this. I'm using the most recent skype from the market on alpha 3 and have not been able to get video working in either an initiated or received call. Audio seems quite good though.

Anyone else have any success?

Peter

·
Android Beginner
29 Posts
there was a skype thread on this forum with a link to an older version of skype that works. At least it wored with A2.1, I haven't tried A3 yet. Just search these forum for skype. The new skype version is no good.

·
Android Beginner
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw the earlier thread with working video on 2.1 but the complaint was audio shut down after a minute or so.

Peter

·
Android Beginner
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm trying v06 now without too much luck. I have video - its rotated 90deg and doesn't change with the front camera setting for rotation - locks into landscape orientation as well. It also fills the top half of the screen rather than the whole.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.