Android OS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Master Xploder
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jaxidian said:
Precisely. If you have Handcent or Chomp or Go SMS or something like that, go into your stock Messaging app's settings and turn off Notifications there.
I am only using the stock messaging app I am receiving two of the same message and I don't have two sms clients.

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
greenblattsam said:
I am only using the stock messaging app I am receiving two of the same message and I don't have two sms clients.
From everybody or has it just been 1-2 people so far? If only from certain people, what carrier are they on? I'm willing to bet AT&T. If that's the case, well, that's the problem. ;-)

·
Average Android
121 Posts
greenblattsam said:
I have the same problem sometimes as well. The other senders are vzw too.

·
Average Android
97 Posts
Yeah I've gotten that two before. I think its because your phone isn't getting good reception so it resends it but then you or the other person ends up with duplicates. It use to happen a lot with my Motorola Droid.

·
Average Android
121 Posts
Joshjunior said:
ive had it happen but it was like they said above an att issue
Its not just an att issue, I have it happen with other vzw users....

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

·
HUUURRR DUUURRR
168 Posts
I had that issue for a while across BAMF 2.0, CM7 and gingeritis betas, then it just stopped, don't know what was going on, but the duplicate always had a timestamp an hour in the future.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts