Android OS Forum banner
121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not sure about "on again" but the app has been updated to backup ribbon settings.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
What I meant was that I believe that it was pulled from the play store because it was hard to maintain. So, by "on again" does that mean that it is being updated now?

·
News Team
1,390 Posts
What I meant was that I believe that it was pulled from the play store because it was hard to maintain. So, by "on again" does that mean that it is being updated now?
I'm sure only Roman could answer that for sure. Since it was updated three or four days ago let's hope that it may be back on as far as updates. It is a really nice app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

·
News Team
1,390 Posts
Hey Mr. Roman sir. For all the kettehs out here if you don't think you will have time to keep this app updated. Which I understand completely and you decide to remove it from the market. Is there any chance of a small write up? That maybe some of us wanna be coders could tinker and maybe accidentally learn something. It would be awesome and some of us, at least me would love ya forever

·
Android Apprentice
157 Posts
I'm trying my hand at building this myself from the open source files
https://github.com/romanbb/AOKP_Backup

I'm getting an error that the release.gradle file does not exist. It looks like it should be found in the /app/ directory.
Am I missing a step or is this file just missing from github?

Thanks!
The file is included in his gitignore so it's purposefully left out. I poked around a few minutes trying to figure out how to create it but had no luck. Didn't have enough time this weekend to mess with it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yo Roman, will there be support for 4.3 ? Im running some test builds and noticed this FCs on launch

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

·
AOKP on my Toro & i605
212 Posts
Everyone is getting excited for Aokp 4.3 and Aokp Backup is a great app. I'm sure when we get an update from the Play store that will mean nightlies are getting close to release. It's been that way in the past before several major releases xD.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
6 Posts
It says "Updated for 4.3" in play store but it crashes still when opening with my Nexus 10 running a nightly 4.3

·
Registered
8 Posts
does this app work for somebody on the latest AOKP 4.3 nightlies? I'm running AOKP 4.3 on a Nexus 4 and it fails every time I want to do a backup... will it be still updated to support 4.3 in the future? thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

·
Tweaker
1,210 Posts
does this app work for somebody on the latest AOKP 4.3 nightlies? I'm running AOKP 4.3 on a Nexus 4 and it fails every time I want to do a backup... will it be still updated to support 4.3 in the future? thanks

It displays a "failed" notification in the pull down but actually works fine for me. Have you tried restoring a backup?

·
Registered
8 Posts
@hazard209 no it doesn't work. there is no backup created at all... it displays the "backup failed" notification and that's it. I have tried all combinations: on local, on external, with Dropbox... I think It's because of the fact that the location path has changed from 4.2.2 -> 4.3

·
Registered
13 Posts
I haven't read through this entire thread to know if this is a common issue or not, but is there a problem with restoring backups? I remember a while back, I was on the last milestone build of AOKP, and I wanted to try out some different ROMs. I used this app to make a backup of my AOKP settings, then did my experimenting with other ROMs. Ultimately decided to come back to AOKP, and I used this app to try to restore my backed up AOKP settings, but after the phone reboots, the wallpaper is just a black screen and the phone constantly gives me an error about SystemUI. I had to wipe everything and flash the ROM again, and just manually set everything back up.

Then, when the 4.3 nightly came out, I made a backup of my settings with the app again, because I wanted to do a clean install of the 4.3 nightly. Once again, when I did a restore via AOKP Backup, after the phone restarted, I had the same black screen + SystemUI error, and had to do another wipe and flash the ROM again and manually set everything up.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or what...?

·
Android Apprentice
397 Posts
I've found that there's an error copying the nav widget icon.png from ROM Control data folder which causes the backup to fail. For me deleting that button from the navbar allows for success backing up and restoring. Log says permission is denied for that file, but I changed permissions to all rwx for it and it still failed.

~~~~There is no spoon~~~~

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've found that there's an error copying the nav widget icon.png from ROM Control data folder which causes the backup to fail. For me deleting that button from the navbar allows for success backing up and restoring. Log says permission is denied for that file, but I changed permissions to all rwx for it and it still failed.

~~~~There is no spoon~~~~
Where can we find the log file generated by this app? Which log file did you check when it failed? For me, the app just displays a notification that the "Backup failed" and there is no backup file created.

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK, so I did some tests today with this app and it seems that the AOKP Backup is not able to get root access for some reason. When it tries to copy the files to backup it gets "permission denied". Maybe there is an incompatibility between tool and the Superuser version integrated in the latest AOKP ROMs... I don't understand why no developer is taking care about this...

121 - 140 of 147 Posts