66 Posts

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
  1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
  2. MAKE A NANDROID
  3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
  4. flash ROM
  5. flash Gapps
  6. reboot

THIS IS A TEST BUILD! Let me know what does and doesn't work (with a logcat please!) I'm also usually idling in #teamkang on freenode so feel free to hit me up there as well...

Find the latest releases here

Find build-32 info here

Download Build 32 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (p5wifi) here

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Romann
Donate to Whitehawkx
Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
Donate to ProTekk

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've tested it, I run it on my 8.9... I know the camera doesn't work but none do, The difference between this one and the linked version is that this is official where that linked version isn't, I don't go installing other ROMs on the 8.9 as its primarily my wife's tablet so I couldn't tell you if they have made any other changes.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
Will this page be updated to reflect current releases or is it not really being monitored by TeamAOKP at all?

Now that Build 31 is out it's a little behind.

On another note, did anyone try out b30? I tried it and got a weird "vertical scan" issue (like adjusting the Vertical Hold on an old CRT TV) where the screen kept flashing to the side repeatedly. Putting the screen to sleep and waking it back up fixed the issue (once the OS loads), but the bootanimation was all messed up. I tried Galaxian Soup afterward as well and it had the same issue, so it could be something in how I rooted (or maybe the kernel being used?)

I restored my nandroid (stock ROM) and it went away.

Downloading b31 right now and seeing if that fixes/breaks anything. Custom Nav buttons didn't work for me in b30.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
I don't get any error popups for either of my issues, but here's a logcat for the custom nav buttons not working. In fact, none of the customizations seem to work. No errors, just nothing happens. http://pastebin.com/Gh9A7C93

Not sure what is going on beginning with the boot animation, but the whole screen gets out of whack (scrolling endlessly) and only pressing the sleep button and pressing again (to wake) fixes it. Video below...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wierd... as far as the nav customizations.. they aren't setup for tablets yet that will be in a future release they are only working on phones at the moment... I'll test the boot animation this evening my wife has been out of the house with 8.9 all day

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
wierd... as far as the nav customizations.. they aren't setup for tablets yet that will be in a future release they are only working on phones at the moment... I'll test the boot animation this evening my wife has been out of the house with 8.9 all day
Thanks. To be clear though, I don't think it's a problem with the bootani itself, as the problem continues once AOKP is fully loaded and the lockscreen is up. You can actually use the touchscreen in this condition, but it's a little difficult.

The issue also happened with Galaxian Soup AOKP and Galaxian Soup AOSP, so I'm thinking it's not necessarily ROM-related.

I'm going to try some different CWM versions to see if that changes things. I'm currently using the 5.5.0.4 version posted on XDA.

UPDATE: Also tried Overcome ROM and the accompanying CWM Recovery. Same deal. Looks to be an issue with my unit since this is not even an ICS-based ROM. For some reason restoring my nandroid works without issue.

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
Thanks. To be clear though, I don't think it's a problem with the bootani itself, as the problem continues once AOKP is fully loaded and the lockscreen is up. You can actually use the touchscreen in this condition, but it's a little difficult.

The issue also happened with Galaxian Soup AOKP and Galaxian Soup AOSP, so I'm thinking it's not necessarily ROM-related.

I'm going to try some different CWM versions to see if that changes things. I'm currently using the 5.5.0.4 version posted on XDA.

UPDATE: Also tried Overcome ROM and the accompanying CWM Recovery. Same deal. Looks to be an issue with my unit since this is not even an ICS-based ROM. For some reason restoring my nandroid works without issue.
I didn't have this issue on the Galaxian AOKP but my issue was the screen would flicker a decent amount. Flashed back to stock rooted Honeycomb and it went away. I should try B31 and see if I also encounter this issue.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ah excellent, I'm glad that the Nac Bar customizations will be added in the future. I miss those!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Will this build work on a 3G Galaxy Tab 8.9 (GT-7300)?

I don't really need 3G to function at the moment because I don't have a data plan for my GTab. I am only online through wifi.

Or will there be an extra AOKP release for GTab 8.9 3G in the future?

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
I didn't have this issue on the Galaxian AOKP but my issue was the screen would flicker a decent amount. Flashed back to stock rooted Honeycomb and it went away. I should try B31 and see if I also encounter this issue.
I'm now totally convinced that it's not ROM-specific but something distinct to the P5. I've tried different CWM versions, different ROMs (3.x and 4.0.x-based) and all of them exhibit my "scanning" issue. Since the stock ROM is fine and there is no issues in Recovery mode, there must be something coded into the stock ROM that affects this.

I am curious to know if anyone else has seen issues like this, though?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Instructions of v32 say: "[background=transparent]Wipe [/background][background=transparent]strongly recommended"[/background]

[background=transparent]i'm coming from 31, i'll try flash w/o wipe[/background]

·
Registered
2 Posts
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]After i installed[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] r32[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] i get[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]fc[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]when i launch[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]an app[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]that does not support[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]high screen resolution. The navbar then[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] dissapears and then[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] returns after[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]a few seconds. [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Then[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]this is repeated. [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Anyone else have[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]the same problem?[/background]

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Believe it or not, the full wipe is part of the problem
we have evidently missed something with the new navbar stuff that only happens when you come from a clean/fresh wipe (ie, some of the custom settings aren't set yet).

Go into RomControl, and set a custom NavBarGlow color. Also might need to setup the custom navbar buttons (and one might need to be a menu button).

You may have to reboot after setting that to get things back to normal.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts