1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
[/background]​
[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
[/background]
  • Make sure you're on the latest CWM
  • MAKE A NANDROID
  • wipe data/factory reset in recovery
  • flash ROM
  • flash Gapps
  • reboot
[/background]

See Second Post
[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.[/background]

Donate to Roman
Donate to Whitehawkx
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Donate to Jonathan Grigg[/background]
Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Every donation is cherished and loved.[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us![/background]
[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Check out the ROM source on [/background]github[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible![/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.[/background]

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
I had a need to put a build of AOKP on a Viewsonic G-tablet that I had. I wasn't using the tablet very much, and needed to test out some feature code, so seemed like a perfect test platform. I have decided to release that build as an *Unofficial* AOKP build.

Here are the Rules:

TeamDRH has been diligently hacking away at a workable kernel for the G-tab for quite some time. If you are familiar with this device, then you know how little support we've gotten from Either Viewsonic or nVidia. Before you even look at the download link for this ROM, you will immediately go to : www.teamdrh.com and show them the love & thanks they deserve.​

I'm just a Java hack, I don't know much about the device & hardware trees. Our friend @Khas'Mek built this tree for us based on TeamDRH's work. You will go thank him as well.​

The G-Tablet has some peculiarities with respect to installation (especially if you aren't already running TeamDRH's ICS). You will go to their website and read carefully about using nvFlash to prepare the partitions sizes if necessary. the Installation process will be the same for this package as their ICS install, except use our ROM & Gapps of course.​

Depending on feedback and how well this actually runs on this tablet (remember it only has 512 MB), I may only update this build/thread as I need to support my dev work.​

Once you have agreed to ALL of those conditions, you may click this link:​

Build 40 - https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0MJcW3sI4ZPbnBQVW1KRlUzU1E​

*** Older Versions ***​

·
Registered
3 Posts
Installed last night over the TeamDRH release. Seems to run just as well, but with the extra aokp goodness. Shadowgun didn't work, but it didn't work before either, otherwise all my frequently used apps (browser, comicrack, plex) all worked well. Thanks, hopefully you keep this up to date! I love using aokp on my Vibrant, was always hoping I could use it on my gtablet also!

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, I'll most likely keep building it every so often. I was having some issues with my build tree recently, but I think I have them sorted out.
When B33 releases, I'll push a build up here for that too.

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
there is still a bug in the NavBar code (I think I just fixed it and pushed to Gerrit for next build) regarding the menu buttons for legacy apps.

If you go into ROMControl -> NavBar and set at least one button as a menu, you shouldn't have any more FC's.

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just posted up B32 in the 2nd post. I've posted this in my spanking new Google Drive, so let me know if any issues downloading.

Also, if you're using this build, please drop a note and let me know how it's going. I see a lot of views on the thread, but not any comments, so I don't know if anyone is using this or not.

If this build is solid, and people like it, I may go ahead and make the G-Tablet an official device for AOKP with regular builds.

If no one is using it, I won't bother.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm running this on my g tablet too! Running very good. An overclocking kernel would be awesome like Hilbe said above. If you want I can spread the word on XDA and/or Slatedroid (of course I will give full credit).
The only issues I have is after a game of fruit ninja, my frames drop really low, to a point that I have to force close it under settings. And the YouTube app doesn't show in the Play Store. Nothing I can't live with. :)

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm no kernel dev, so I'm leaning heavily on the work already done by Team DRH in that area. I haven't tried to overclock it, so I'm guessing that kernel doesn't support it?

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OP updated with Milestone 5. I haven't had a chance to load it yet, so please make a backup first :)

·
Android Apprentice
1,171 Posts
I'm guessing there's no camera support in this? Regardless, I didn't even know this was available until just now for the GTab, I'll be flashing it tonight, thanks Zaphod!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just went from 31.5 to m5 and things are looking good, Shadowgun is downloading it's content currently, 31.5 would just reboot when Shadowgun was ran. We'll see if it runs. No System UI crashes thus far. I just now realized the power button in the lock screen navbar was to hide the status/navbar completely. Blissfully brilliant.

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm guessing there's no camera support in this? Regardless, I didn't even know this was available until just now for the GTab, I'll be flashing it tonight, thanks Zaphod!
Any hardware issues present in TeamDRH's build will almost certainly be the same in this one. I'm no kernel/hardware dev, so I'm just using their device and vendor trees with only the bare changes necessary to make it compile on AOKP. (and I was serious about stopping by their website and saying thanks ... without their work, the G-tablet would have been abandoned long ago).

This also means the possibility of SOD still exists. I think mine went into it last week. I just let it sit until the battery died, then recharged it and rebooted. Fortunately I've got enough toys that I didn't need it for a while :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use my tablet daily and the only way I get the SOD is by plugging in the USB cable while the screen is off. Every time I've done this, letting it die as Zaphod mentioned has fixed it. I have done this in 31.5 aokp btw.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts