Android OS Forum banner
181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
Android Freak
1,406 Posts
So I see people here talking about group messaging. Does the feature in fact work in this version of the app? Because if it does, then this is going to be my go-to inverted MMS app from now on.

·
Android Apprentice
507 Posts
Any chance we can get an updated version of this app? The latest MMS app has a feature where the device will go back to sleep after using quick reply from the lock screen.

·
Love your frenemies
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Any chance we can get an updated version of this app? The latest MMS app has a feature where the device will go back to sleep after using quick reply from the lock screen.
I'll be updating it. It will be a test of patience for you though. How much of a test i cannot say, lots of personal things going on at the moment, but I will update it.

·
Android Apprentice
507 Posts
I'll be updating it. It will be a test of patience for you though. How much of a test i cannot say, lots of personal things going on at the moment, but I will update it.
I'm fine with waiting just thought I'd ask...the current version suffices for now. Thanks.

·
Private Dick
439 Posts
Its here and we need you!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the update but unfortunately this MMS no longer works on my ROM. I'm running CM10.1, the latest nightly, on my Galaxy Nexus. I had no problems with the older versions of your dark MMS but this one just has constant FC's to the point where I can't even open messaging.

·
Love your frenemies
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
Thanks for the update but unfortunately this MMS no longer works on my ROM. I'm running CM10.1, the latest nightly, on my Galaxy Nexus. I had no problems with the older versions of your dark MMS but this one just has constant FC's to the point where I can't even open messaging.
Sorry to hear that. This is actually for aokp. Please feel free to use the previous version, which was also for aokp. There are certain things that this mms references in the aokp framework that would not be there in the cm framework. Hence the fc.

But if you search how to theme mms in rootz or xda, you can theme cm's mms exactly like mine. You can even use mine as reference.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Love your frenemies
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
Hi all, I updated both the Normal and Small versions tonight. They are the latest version for AOKP except they are WITHOUT the newly merged Dark UI integration. Frankly, I didn't want to figure out the best way to code this version, so I used the immediately previous version. Feature wise both are the same (this does have some updates so it's worth getting).

The Dark UI makes everything black. And there is a switch in the main Settings list that allows you to change from normal to Dark UI. So you could have the light stock MMS or a blacked out MMS.

Well, since mine is a blacked out MMS and I've taken a little extra time to fix some things and optimize stuff, this is the one I'll be using.

Also, I've adjusted the color of the dark black Emoji icons to much lighter. They are now fully visible on the black background and look great. This only affects you, not the person you are talking to (... with whom you text?)

And yes the small version is now available also.

·
Love your frenemies
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
Hey gaetawoo, thanks for the update. One thing I noticed... I mentioned this before but never gave you screenshots... While in the conversation screen of a group message, if you hit menu then group participants, the background isn't themed. It is still white. Here is a screenshot...
yea i've seen that, but i actually have no idea where to fix that... i'll keep looking. thanks!

·
Android Apprentice
179 Posts
I just installed this on my RAZR running AOKP. Im getting force closes with every incoming message, with no notifications

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

·
just some dude
413 Posts
hey gaetawoo, wonder if i could ask you a question? i've been theming the AOKP MMS app for over a year now without problem. i make a dark holo version with bubbles and no avatars. last version i successfully themed was from a 23 march AOKP build.

i'm working on the 5/30 nightly version now but i'm having a problem...

this is the experiment i just did:
  • decompile (no errors on screen)
  • recompile without making any changes (no errors on screen)
  • copy the resources.asrc file from the new Mms version in /dist folder to the original Mms.apk (using 7Zip)
  • copy original Mms.apk (now with new asrc file) into /system/app
when i copy the the new version into /system/app, it has the android-with-a-cube-on-his-belly icon and will not launch. a reboot has no effect.

i am using APKTool v1.5.2 from XDA here.

did something else change since 23 march that i need to account for? i'm sort of stumped here and will appreciate any hints you might have, thanks!

EDIT: ok, so i decided to just grab the version from the /dist folder and run it through signapk, copy it to /system/app, and reboot. that worked. i'm still curious why copying the resources back into the original file using 7zip (thus preserving the signature) doesn't work anymore, never had to do that before. oh well.

181 - 199 of 199 Posts