Android OS Forum banner
161 - 180 of 199 Posts

·
Love your frenemies
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Will this be updated to include the new "mark as read" feature?
I'm slowly moving to 4.2.1 so I'll get to mms eventually. Whatever features are there when i theme it will be there. Not sure which you are talking about as there are no commits with that description. But the answer is the same.

·
Android Beginner
763 Posts
Mark as read shows up for me when I open the quick reply, then decide not to type a reply. Hit back to cancel, and it'll say "do you want to cancel this message"and give you the options to Yes, mark as read, or No

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

·
Love your frenemies
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
If that feature is in 4.2.1 then it'll be in my themed version. I don't do anything with features, i just paint the screen real prettylike.

I just asked one of the devs that does MMS stuff to work on a Mark as Read and Close button for the expanded notifications, he liked the idea.

·
Android Beginner
763 Posts
One thing I noticed with quick reply is I'm not getting received notifications for texts

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

·
Love your frenemies
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
New Version is up for 4.2.1!!! Go for it! And of course let me know if there are install issues... should be fine though!

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
Looks great, thank you! I noticed in the OP the mediafire download links both point to the normal size though, just an FYI. Thanks again for the great work

·
Love your frenemies
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
The small version had the wrong Link last night. sorry about that. it's been fixed!

Will this work with or overwrite an installed theme?
likely both. depends on what your theme does. sometimes the icon is changed, and the send button is changed. sometimes the colors are changed... like for the text. it depends on the theme.

·
Love your frenemies
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Just tried it, and Sliding Messenger on the Play Store is EXACTLY what i've been wanting in an MMS app. don't like the dark colors so much but the sliding windows and everything, and the slide in from the side convo list and all the settings are fantastic.!

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
Just tried it, and Sliding Messenger on the Play Store is EXACTLY what i've been wanting in an MMS app. don't like the dark colors so much but the sliding windows and everything, and the slide in from the side convo list and all the settings are fantastic.!
Sliding Messaging is pretty cool though for me opening the app each time seems a bit too slow. Once it fully supports MMS I may stick with it. I'm usually on Handcent but since it's not playing nice with 4.2.1 I've had to rely on the stock (now Dark) messenger lol

·
Love your frenemies
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Sliding Messaging is pretty cool though for me opening the app each time seems a bit too slow. Once it fully supports MMS I may stick with it. I'm usually on Handcent but since it's not playing nice with 4.2.1 I've had to rely on the stock (now Dark) messenger lol
yea i found the same thing.

·
Love your frenemies
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
Is it just me or in a group message is it not themed under menu > group participants?
i have never used group messaging so i don't even know what it looks like in that screen. nor am i sure which file that is... can you send a screenshot?

I'm glad this is working on 4.2.2. When I have time I might theme the new version (though it won't change anything) just so that everything is fresh. But for now, this works.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have been trying to theme this myself, going for a gray version. With various text colors, but I lose the quick reply etc when I try. I love this version, but the white on black really isnt my thing, although it is much much much better than standard, so thank you for this!

161 - 180 of 199 Posts