Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 210 Posts

· Developer
569 Posts

Presents...

OMFGB 1.3.0 Mecha

[DISCLAIMER: If you are flashing this you have already voided your manufacturer's warranty. If you are flashing this you realize that this is unsupported software. Your device may break as a result of flashing this unsupported software. t3hh4xx0r team is not responsible for anything that might happen to your phone or you as a result of flashing this software. That includes but is not limited to bricked phones, world war, your alarm not waking you up and as a result you getting fired, or orgasms. That said, thank you for trying it.]

[hide=Features of this ROM]
Android 2.3.5 Base
Builds available for HTC Incredible, Droid Eris, Evo, Thunderbolt, Droid 1, Samsung Fascinate, Mesmerize, Showcase, and Hero
Future builds planned for Droid Charge and Droid X

Configurable Power Widgets (cm)
3 choices of Lockscreen mods - Standard Tab, Rotary, and Honeycomb concept
Reboot menu including recovery and bootloader options (cm)
Lockscreen shortcuts for Phone and Messaging apps
2 choices in battery types, stock or percentages
Volume wake and menu unlock (cm)
Configurable overscroll effect (cm)
Screen off and on animations (cm)
Volume button music controls (cm)
Lockscreen music controls
Configurable launcher screen settings
Workspace looping in launcher
Scrollable widgets support in launcher
Landscape mode available in launcher
DSP Manager (cm)
God Mode Settings app to control all this craziness
Tmobile Theme Chooser (tmobile)
Addons app for customizing your OMFGB build even more
Nightlies in the God Mode app to stay on the bleeding edge
Wallpapers by ksknightmare and sgarriques

Thunderbolt specific features
4G Data and 3G Data working
Concurrent data/voice capability
Stock BFS kernel made by Drod2169.
Additional kernels by Drod available in Addons App
leanKernel by imoseyon also available in Addons App[/hide]

[hide=Screenshots]
[/hide]

[hide=Bugs]
Seems network location can be odd sometimes. I like being a traveling man however..

Please let me know if you see something else not working as i need this feedback. Try to keep it to bugs that might be just for this build and not OMFGB as a whole.[/hide]

[hide=Thanks Section]
First I want to thank RootzWiki for this awesome forum that we can share our work on. Next I would like to thank my team for putting up with me disappearing for two weeks to make this work for you guys. There are so many people I want to thank for making this possible. First biggest thanks to slayher, he did this first and has helped out with ALOT of bugs that he had to deal with when there was no one else here to help him fix them. He also helped me update this to mr2.5 General thanks go to birdman, b16, cvpcs, the whole cm team, peteralfonso, drod2169, ksknightmare, the irc guys, sgarriques, imoseyon, the users in this thread including avlfive and jaxidian and mikereDD which i've seen answer hundreds of questions. If I don't have you listed and you helped in some way, biggest thanks to you. Im old sorry. [/hide]

OMFGB-Nightlies directory

Download GAPPS through the God Mode application within the ROM.

All sources are at OMFGB's github page --- www.github.com/OMFGB

t3hh4xx0r team consists of:
- r2DoesInc - - linuxmotion - - xoomdev - - SteveLogik -
- Willis420 -

Please visit t3hh4xx0r.com for more information

· Developer
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm ok maybe im spending a night in san antonio then since its a 4g area..although i saw some tweets that 4g was down in some areas so might not be the best time to test...Either way ill take some more looks.

Thanks for testing, if you have any knowledge of adb a logcat and a logcat -b radio would be helpful with 4g on.

· Developer
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Just posted a second alpha.

Fixes wifi, camcorder and camera, should* fix mms and hopefully some better battery life

Still pending 4g instability, status bar fixes, some other things i cant remember

· Developer
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Yeah on alpha 1 wifi was definitely very broken. I am hard at work on this 4g issue we will see what happens tonight...btw I listed them "alphas" but technically like nightlies I guess so be prepared with frequesnt flashing.

Hmm didn't notice torch app was missing. I had taken almost every app out of the build while I was working on data just to get faster compiles..I'm slowly remembering everything that's supposed to go in there.

Can someone post an md5 that has flashed. I can't get to it ATM. Ill start posting them with the files from now on.

Thanx for the feedback

· Developer
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Ok thnx for the feedback. I'm doing a MAJOR overhaul of frameworks now because of the 4g issues and status bar issues that will hopefully fix some stuff. Sloop I dunno if ill get it out tonight but when I do it will be alot better

· Developer
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Thnx ya one of my testers confirmed left channel audio only..looking into a fix maybe but its a couple rungs down on priority ATM..but will get to it soon enough hopefully. Hopefully I can a nightly built tonight cause I want to see how the updated works in the God mode app, but currently have a lot of changes happening and don't know if I will be able to make a full build by then..who knows we'll see..stuck at work until 8-9 or so.

· Developer
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Ok figured you guys are due an update.

I've been reworking the entire framework and every single commit that I made into the first two alphas. This was a necessity for me because I was so messy figuring this all out that I couldn't even tell what changed what anymore and could not simply revert anything anymore because there were also some squashed commits Idid manually. That said....I am almost done with it again I have one issue remaining that is a dealbreaker and posting a nightly last night would have been pointless cause it wasn't working right. This should be relatively easy to fix since I did not have this problem on my first base so its merely finding what's missing which is easy.

As far as what IS fixed

All the status bar issues should now be resolved
Video decode (viewing) should be good now
4g data is hopefully alot cleaner and more reliable
added back all missing omfgb apps
New wallpapers app
New romstats app (for our use honestly)
New custom drod2169 kernel with hopefully different flavors in the addons
Less random unneeded libs that I had in the first couple builds.
hopefully some even better battery life.

Like I said hopefully I can get a build working properly tonight. I'm not going to release random crap so if its not up to at least a certain standard for signal it wont be released I simply will not waste your time.

About my slowness..
I work a full time job that has my life for 55 hours a week and sometimes more. I am married and have two kids. I mainly do work on this rom from 10pm to 330am which is sometimes not nearly enough time to make large strides in improvements considering most times it takes about 40 to compile a build and even see if what I changed work. I apologize in advance but like I said will not waste your time and make you flash crap. Everything will eventually get fixed on this and will be a great rom and hopefully you all be will be here running it but its gonna take time. Not a rant but thought you guys should know.

That said....wish me luck for another release early tomorrow morning!!

· Developer
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
MikereDD said:
just do a voice search after you open your music app. right channel will kick in. temp fix for now.
its in the thread as known issue if you pick thru. same happen on cm7
I concur this works as a workaround for this issue, I haven't had time yet to even start looking for this bug but hopefully the workaround will actually lead me to it.

· Developer
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
avlfive said:
The GApps I flashed doesn't have it and I haven't tried to install the video version. If I find the apk floating around, I'll try it though.

Lol. Started as a joke kinda then became like habit I guess. I'm just weird like that. Lol.
Funny actually I've been using the lithid gapps that included the new gtalk because its closer to the bottom of the list when I flash...when I post the next build I'll upload those gapps for you guys too..I haven't tried y..although I keep accidentally calling people...I do are myself in the can but am unsure if someone using it would see me..lol

· Developer
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Ok compiling what I hope is going to fix the last nagging little problem that popped up in the frameworks overhaul...

It was another one of those dealbreakers and I almost went to sleep hours ago.

Anyhow...I think I tracked it down (of course i've said that twice already...no really i think i found it) but while I was waiting for an epiphany i stumbled on something I think will also fix the audio bug. You know left channel audio until you do like a voice search kinda thing.
I'll need you guys to test that out to be sure...I just wiped booted plugged in headset started music three times and all three times audio was in both channels...so hopefully that's gone forever.

I am mainly typing this so I don't fall asleep..hopefully i can keep awake otherwise ill post it as soon as i wake up..i have a habit of randomly falling asleep ON my computer..lol

· Developer
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Ok,

Is it showing 4g is connected in the status bar. Or it is but there is no actual data flow?

Remember you will still have to toggle first like in cm get a 3g then toggle to 4g.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

· Developer
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
avlfive said:
SD card not mounted here also. With no option to mount it.
Also...maybe why my sdcard works is I flashed from alpha 2 without wiping...anyone move over to 06-24 without wiping also have sdcard access working.

· Developer
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Ya anything that you do to get it working again doesn't mean its going to work after a reboot. Each boot makes the services restart and then it might or might not work again.

Well halfway through the day to be able to fix this for you guys. Sorry again not having sdaccess is a frustrating this when your away from the desk.

· Developer
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
MikereDD said:
I just flashed latest over last only wiped dalvik sdcard doesn't mount*
4G does not lock though. But... signal is piss poor for 3G in my house anyways.

I should have read that an tried, restoring so i have Gmusic for ride to work, will reinstall and try that once at work.
Ok so I'm just trying to clarify. You said you have piss poor 3g in your house...are you normally ever able to connect to 4g from there or not?

1 - 20 of 210 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.