Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Android Lover
362 Posts
Yesterday, there was at time where I lost 4g for about an hour. I didn't notice at first, but a reboot took care of it. As far as switching for me, all is fine going from 3g/4g/WiFi.

This is what I did when I installed it. I was on the MR2.5 radio Sense 3.0 Preview 4 at the time of install.

Reboot Recovery
Wipe Data/Cache
Format System
Install Alpha 2
Reboot phone
Connect WiFi
Reboot recovery
Flash Gapps
Sync Gmail
Battery Pull (boot into bootloader)
Flash Stock radio
Reboot
Turn off WiFi (connected to 3g instantly)
Set my phone up

Hope this helps people.

· Android Lover
362 Posts
Xoomdev....take time with it bruther. You're known for putting out quality stuff and so far your releases have been the best I've seen/used. Don't feel pressure to get it out.

Thanks,

Your fan

· Android Lover
362 Posts
Here is how I installed the 6/24 nightly....

Nandroid
Install 6/24 (no wipe)
Reboot
Had no gapps (SD card mounted)
Installed gapps through God Mode
Reboot
SD card DID NOT mount
Shutdown
Start up
SD Card mounted no problem.

I'm going to check 3g/4g toggle on my drive to work. I drive an hour and it switches about 4 times between the two during my trip. I'll keep you all posted.

· Android Lover
362 Posts
I should also mention that I had to switch to CDMA/EVDO (auto) then back to CDMA+LTE/EvDo to get connectivity. This was after all was said and done.

· Android Lover
362 Posts
Ok...did some 4g/3g handoff testing and speed tests to see if the icons actually show correctly. The only thing I noticed is that 4g doesn't show any type of status on the signal bars, but works great. Pretty excited about some of the results.

Sorry for the large pics, but I'm too lazy to resize them.

This one was kind of weird....It showed 3g in the status bar, but had low end 4g speeds. I think it was some sort of fluke. I don't normally get 4g at my house, but I get 4g 3 blocks from there. This may be the radio actually getting some of that.

First shot with 4g (on my way to work I toggle between 3g/4g about 4 times) so I figure it would be good to test the handoff and speeds. Speed not impressive, but still 4g nonetheless.

Back to 3g and normal speeds for it.

4g and blazing download speed. I was pretty excited.

Back to 3g...speed is kind of low.

Once again, back to 4g and got a ridiculous upload speed. Freakin nice. As xoomdev told me, I think this ROM likes me.

· Android Lover
362 Posts
MikereDD said:
It just seems to do weird shit sometimes when toggling between wifi/airplane mode.
But seems now toggle between wifi/data is fine and data picks right up.
Again many thanx for all the time you're putting into this @xoomdev

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
Just Toggle 3g/4g after airplane mode. That's how I get mine back from airplane mode.

· Android Lover
362 Posts
MikereDD said:
is it me or did this wipe some of my apps data?
tapatalk lost all my favorites after flashing

trying to restore some apps with data and none of my data restores to my apps. :eek:ddness:
Did it to me too

Sent from my OMFGB'd TBolt.

· Android Lover
362 Posts
Ok...I'll work on something tomorrow night. I'm on the back half of a double and won't be home for 2 days.

But....I was actually thinking about doing something for it for myself. Hit me up if you have any ideas...I can create it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.