Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 3288 Posts

· Supporting Member - aka crack giver
421 Posts
Djenks24 said:
Downloaded, running CM7 with the 402 radio. No 3g in my area but I will report back anything I find. Thanks for your hard work.
I hope you ment 4g.

I flashed the 402 radio and I only get 2 bars of service...same thing as in cm7 any tips or tricks? (here comes the Steve Jobbs responds "your holding it wrong")

· teh Jax
2,462 Posts
Jaxidian said:
Well, as I was out and about for lunch, 3G was pretty solid as was the OS. Have restored quite a few apps via TI and so far no real bugs, no random FCs, and still no reboots (that I can tell, anyways).

One thing that I've noticed is that when I boot up in 4G mode, I get no data (or randomly 1x for a few seconds). Toggle to 3G mode and bam, it's stable. However, when I toggle back to LTE mode, I get this strange "G" icon with up/down arrows just like the 1x and 3G icons but it simply says "G" on it. Doing speed tests, it pulls 3G speeds so it's pretty clearly that. Does it try to use a different set of icons for eHRPD mode, perhaps? If so, that icon should probably be replaced with a 3G icon. In the SpeedTest.net app, it reports the network as being "Cell". In CM7, this app reports that as "eHRPD" or "LTE" when I have a 4G connection. I don't know about when 4G is turned on but when I have a 3G connection but I would guess it would report it as "eHRPD".

Another comment is that this ROM appears to NOT suffer the bugs that CM7 did when you were using the Network Mode menu item. It used to lose data connection if you used the Network Mode menu. This one appears to keep 3G via EvDo or eHRPD (I assume).

To summarize my rambling here, I believe 3G EvDo works as does 3G eHRPD but 4G does not appear to work. Given that 3G eHRPD works, you've done some things right! :)
Well, when I flip on LTE in an area without 4g, I get the 3g icon instead of the "g" icon. I now wonder if that truly means I had a 4g signal. I'll test it more tomorrow.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

· Android Apprentice
181 Posts
like mentioned 4g works perfect for me but only gives the g sign with no 4. 3g works perfect. camera works flawless with imoseyons newest aosp kernel along with cam. phone will not play videos from cam even though it records and saves it just fine. the data switch from 3g to 4g to 1x is a little screwy. does not seem to keep a strong stable connection . one minute its locked great the other its gone for just a sec. gps works great. instant lock for me. other than that, just the few minor hickups but all seems to be worky well .

· Supporting Member
794 Posts
inline6power said:
like mentioned 4g works perfect for me but only gives the g sign with no 4. 3g works perfect. camera works flawless with imoseyons newest aosp kernel along with cam. phone will not play videos from cam even though it records and saves it just fine. the data switch from 3g to 4g to 1x is a little screwy. does not seem to keep a strong stable connection . one minute its locked great the other its gone for just a sec. gps works great. instant lock for me. other than that, just the few minor hickups but all seems to be worky well .
OP could you post the appropriate radio in the OP because there are two 402 radio, i tried with one and it seems it wasn't the right one and i had to start all over again by restoring a backup and downloading the other 402 i wasn't getting any signal from the one i used first and i couldn't even connect to wifi .

· teh Jax
2,462 Posts
r2doesinc said:
4g is showing up as G. For those of you who werent sure. G is working 4G lol
Sweet! For the record, after a reboot I sometimes need to toggle to 3g and back to 4g but it's incredibly painless, unlike some of the hoops cm7 has required in the past. :)

· Android Apprentice
181 Posts
jawonder said:
OP could you post the appropriate radio in the OP because there are two 402 radio, i tried with one and it seems it wasn't the right one and i had to start all over again by restoring a backup and downloading the other 402 i wasn't getting any signal from the one i used first and i couldn't even connect to wifi .
i wasnt aware there were 2 402 radios out there?
sure would be nice for them to change the ril to work with the gb radio from the mr2 leak. much better radio

· teh Jax
2,462 Posts
inline6power said:
i wasnt aware there were 2 402 radios out there?
sure would be nice for them to change the ril to work with the gb radio from the mr2 leak. much better radio
It took them how many months to get this one working? It'll be a while before they do it again.

· teh Jax
2,462 Posts
inline6power said:
I'm having some graphics tearing issues with Imo's latest. It's not with the interactive stuff, it's more like with animated gifs and other simple things (like the busy animation). Do you get this? That kernel didn't do that to me on CM7.

Edit: it's incredibly easy to reproduce with Swype and Terminal Emulator (I'm using the one in Dev Tools).

Edit 2: I just downgraded from 3.1.6 to 3.1.4 and the same thing. I also went back to 240 density just in case and it still tears. So this may be a rom issue and not a kernel issue.

· Android Apprentice
181 Posts
Jaxidian said:
I'm having some graphics tearing issues with Imo's latest. It's not with the interactive stuff, it's more like with animated gifs and other simple things (like the busy animation). Do you get this? That kernel didn't do that to me on CM7.

Edit: it's incredibly easy to reproduce with Swype and Terminal Emulator (I'm using the one in Dev Tools).

yeah i got that to. i almost thought that was an built in annimation lol.

· Supporting Member
794 Posts
I'm getting an error when i try to go in the market , it's saying this :- "An error has occurred. Please try again later" . First i'm seeing this , anyone know what's causing it ? . thanks . Ok got it , i reboot recovery wipe cache partition and Dalvik then reinstall rom and GApps reboot and market works fine now .

21 - 40 of 3288 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.