Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 3288 Posts

· Android Junkie
87 Posts
Looking forward to giving this a shot. Havent ran CM7 on my thunderbolt before yet. Can anyone confirm if its ready to be a daily driver yet?

· Developer
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Just posted a second alpha.

Fixes wifi, camcorder and camera, should* fix mms and hopefully some better battery life

Still pending 4g instability, status bar fixes, some other things i cant remember

· Android Beginner
15 Posts
Nothing major, but alpha 1 doesn't have the torch app included, and therefore the notification bar widget doesn't work. Downloading alpha 2 now (along with many others, it seems), so maybe it has already been fixed...

· Bad Mother ****er
334 Posts
Now WIFI is having issues authenticating.

EDIT: WIFI problem was on my end. Bad timing for the modem and router to need a reset. Lol.

Also, camcorder works but cannot play the recorded video. The camera works as it should though.

EDIT: I can get the videos to play in Mobo Player but no audio from recorded videos.

Not knocking anything at all. Just bug reporting.

T3hh4xx0r Add-ons works meow too. Was FCing for me in the last version.

Netflix not working for me either.

· Android Lover
343 Posts
Can't wait to give this a shot. I'm really enjoying CM7 but with slayher going on hiatus it's nice to have an aosp rom with frequent updates. Out of curiosity will you be pulling in updates from CM as/if they occur?

Once I get in to work I'll flash it up and see if I can get some 4g logs.

· Android Apprentice
83 Posts
Absolutely loving this AOSP rom. 4G is working for me now. I think I'll stay off wifi for the time being to keep the 4G signal active.

I have had a few instances where 4G was connected but no data flowing, a few seconds later it was fine.

Thanks for all your hard work!

EDIT:
Scratch that 4G idea. For some reason 4G loses data (icon even goes away) randomly and doesn't come back. I'll just stick to 3G and wifi for now. I love AOSP too much to go back to sense for 4G lol.

· Android Apprentice
168 Posts
I tried alpha 1 last night. Lots of issues with data. No 4G and no WiFi in my house on a totally open router. I didn't get so far as trying the camera. This was a totally clean install, 3X wipe of everything. But I have downloaded alpha 2 and will try it.

OP... if it's not too much trouble, could you please post MD5s with the download links?

· Developer
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Yeah on alpha 1 wifi was definitely very broken. I am hard at work on this 4g issue we will see what happens tonight...btw I listed them "alphas" but technically like nightlies I guess so be prepared with frequesnt flashing.

Hmm didn't notice torch app was missing. I had taken almost every app out of the build while I was working on data just to get faster compiles..I'm slowly remembering everything that's supposed to go in there.

Can someone post an md5 that has flashed. I can't get to it ATM. Ill start posting them with the files from now on.

Thanx for the feedback

41 - 60 of 3288 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.