Android OS Forum banner
221 - 240 of 270 Posts

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
use tibackup to set all your apps to keep auto updated.

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
i dont have any sim devices, sorry i cant help on this one.

·
Average Android
54 Posts
r2doesinc said:
use tibackup to set all your apps to keep auto updated.
Yeah I had that set already. It worked to an extent.

But this conversation inspired me to do another search since its been at least a month since my last try at fixing this problem.

This time around I found an app called "OldMarket" that has both the old and new markets built in and you just click on the version you want to run. So I installed it, selected OldMarket, it then asked for permission, I said Ok, and then the old market was back. I did NOT open it though as I needed to disable the updater first. So, I varified thru TB that the old market 2.3.6 was back and then I used Terminal Emulator and typed the following:

su <enter>
pm disable com.android.vending.updater <enter>

Apparently this disables the market updater for reals??? lol, I never came across this command before until today.

Rebooted phone into recovery and cleared Dalvik. Rebooted... Then I used "Market Enabler" and selected T-Mobile USA just in case, to make sure all my apps showed up...

Result = My Market is working perfectly for the first time in three months and Im back on 2.3.6. and so far no auto updates what so ever. I can't wait to tell Roman now, lol....

P.S. please forgive me for the off topic topic, but I was too happy to not share this.... lol

·
Average Android
189 Posts
"SkOrPn said:
Yeah I had that set already. It worked to an extent.

But this conversation inspired me to do another search since its been at least a month since my last try at fixing this problem.

This time around I found an app called "OldMarket" that has both the old and new markets built in and you just click on the version you want to run. So I installed it, selected OldMarket, it then asked for permission, I said Ok, and then the old market was back. I did NOT open it though as I needed to disable the updater first. So, I varified thru TB that the old market 2.3.6 was back and then I used Terminal Emulator and typed the following:

su <enter>
pm disable com.android.vending.updater <enter>

Apparently this disables the market updater for reals??? lol, I never came across this command before until today.

Rebooted phone into recovery and cleared Dalvik. Rebooted... Then I used "Market Enabler" and selected T-Mobile USA just in case, to make sure all my apps showed up...

Result = My Market is working perfectly for the first time in three months and Im back on 2.3.6. and so far no auto updates what so ever. I can't wait to tell Roman now, lol....

P.S. please forgive me for the off topic topic, but I was too happy to not share this.... lol
Yay!!! Right on man . That makes me happy for you!

·
Average Android
54 Posts
hurtz777 said:
Skorpn have you tried freezing both the market and marketupdater in titanium backup? That has worked for me in the past.
We have tried many things in the past, but I can not remember if I tried freezing it or not, but I think we did. We renamed it, deleted it, just about everything short of burning it, lol. I never did try adb chmod 555 or this new command I found today. But it is still working just fine except its trying to get me to pay for BTEP a second time, lol... But I emailed the author and he is looking into it.

I'm just happy I finally found a workaround. Although now the Market website identifies my phone as from Union someplace and not from T-Mobile any more, but who cares, just so long they dont identify it as an iPhone I will look the other way, LOL....

·
Android Apprentice
10 Posts
I'm still having an issue with in-call volume. :-(

*It's either really high or so low I can't hear it.

·
Average Android
54 Posts
IDisposable said:
How do I get an external GPS working with this version? I've got it "paired but not connected"
Its supposed to say that "paired but not connected". All you need to do is use a GPS application now.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
SkOrPn said:
Its supposed to say that "paired but not connected". All you need to do is use a GPS application now.
I've got it working using the Bluetooth GPS Provider from the market, but I didn't think that should be required...

·
Kickin it with the ZenMafia Family...
352 Posts
10/24 Nightly -- Getting FCs when trying to change DSP Manager settings. I'm only trying the Phone Speaker settings. FCs if you try to change the preset or if you try to manually change the freq graph. Tried fixing permissions in CWM but no joy.

No other issues found so far.

·
Average Android
189 Posts
ddanc1984 said:
10/24 Nightly -- Getting FCs when trying to change DSP Manager settings. I'm only trying the Phone Speaker settings. FCs if you try to change the preset or if you try to manually change the freq graph. Tried fixing permissions in CWM but no joy.

No other issues found so far.
Its always been an issue on omfgb. It was supposed to be pulled out. Uninstall it via TB, and install audio effects pro. It's a widget but has far better sound tweaks than dsp. Also, use voodoo control pro for MORE sound tweaks. (And colors
) check out player pro too

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
i dont actually ever oc or uv any of my devices. i originally had the eris (548mhz or some shit) and that gave me some perspective. these phones are fast enough w.o anything else i would do.

my opionion of course.

221 - 240 of 270 Posts