Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
43 Posts
Howdy, I posted this in another topic but decided to start its own to get more visibility. Attached is MIUI camera with working FFC (front camera). It works great for me on CM7 1.3. To install, simply download and open\run. No need to change perms, reboot, etc. Nothing should b0rk but make a backup first then install if you want to be safe. Thanks for MongooseHelix for this. I found the file on XDA a few days ago. Enjoy! :grin:

Attachments

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
Thanks, this camera is great!

But is there any way to have it store the settings? I deleted the original camera.apk and copied the MIUI apk to the /system/app directory. I then installed the MIUI apk from super manager. I used SD Maid to remove the orphaned data file from the old camera apk. I've run fix permissions.

Everything is working great except that nothing will make the settings stick. That wouldn't be a problem, except that the default settings don't use the full resolution of the camera and stretch the picture vertically on the screen. So the preview looks stretched, although the pictures it takes look okay.

Any ideas for making the settings stick? Did I not install this correctly?

·
Android Apprentice
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Settings save for me just fine. All I did was download and open\install the file. The old\stock AOSP camera is still there. Why did you do all those extra steps? What ROM are you running?

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
CM7 RC1.3

I did the extra steps because when I just installed the rom, it didn't copy to the system/app directory. I was also having the settings problem and didn't like having two "Camera" apps.

I thought removing the other camera apk and copying this one to system/app would get rid of the second camera app (which it did) and fix the settings problem (which it didn't).

So is no one else seeing vertically stretched pictures on both the front and back cameras without fixing settings?

·
Android Apprentice
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hmmmm.. dunno. I've changed size, sound, and shutter settings on both cams and video and they stick for me. pics were stretched on the front cam at first but changing the res fixed that.

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
Okay, I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Settings now stick for whatever reason.

This camera is fantastic! The stock camera app was too busy and convoluted. This takes me back to my old iPhone days...

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
Thank you so much for this. I can confirm that it works with cm7 RC1.4 and settings are sticking for me. I froze my stock camera.apk with tibackup and just kept the miui camera in data/app, no problems here. Thanks again, this camera is awesome.

My Thunderbolt has spoken.

·
Android Lover
202 Posts
I'm noticing that in this camera app, all image previews are skinny when held in portrait mode, and landscape is stretched. But when i snap the picture and view the saved image, it looks perfectly proportional.

I tried snap photo pro, and the MiuiCamera_v17_TEST1.apk found in here. But snap bucket comes out fine too. Wondering why some camera apps look funny and some don't.

Running latest Tiamat_Mecha kernel on CM7 1.4

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt running CM7 RC1.4 using RootzWiki Forums

1 - 20 of 30 Posts