Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
This app is a simple open-source overclocking application. Right now it is specifically developed to be used to interface with faux123's new VDD interface. This means you will untimately have control over the voltages of your CPU. Right now, the app only supports global undervolting (for all frequencies).

It will only work with faux's newer kernels for now.

[head]Change Log[/head]
0.9 - 11/20
- fixed startup
- more bug fixes
- better compatibility with SGS2

0.8 - 11/9
- added support for my SGS2 kernel
- fixed FCs on Sensation!!
- added initial root check
- added fixing of permissions initially to avoid FCs & errors
- added a mechanism to properly read speeds so you won't get any more readings of max/max
- should be even less SU popups now

0.7.5 - 10/21
- fixed constant SU pop up

- more internal checks
- new icon (thank to TheIllest619)
- support for Doubleshot~

0.7.2 - 9/20
- new cpu settings for when your screen isn't turned on

0.6.1 - 9/18
- fix cpu1 not setting proper clocks

essentially it's a work around for thermald daemon, which was resetting clocks
--- no use for it if you're underclocking, so I disable it. becomes enabled if you set the clock back to maximum available as that's the only time it's theoretically needed

0.6 - 9/17
- UI revamp, using sliding tabs now!
- fixed GPU IO fraction now sticking
- fixed UV accumulating
- fixed cpu0/1 not showing properly

* setting the MAX on cpu1 does work, but it seems as the kernel is resetting it to default values after it goes offline and then back online. it's a kernel bug.

0.4 - 9/15
- added initial support for SGS phones (won't work as you have to manually change the code FOR NOW. I need to add in a phone manager to detect the proper phone)
- fixed some bugs on detecting which frequencies to set on program startup and on phone startup

0.3 - 9/14
- wrong values should be fixed when starting the app back up
- setting gpu settings when setting on startup

0.2 - 9/14
- added GPU IO fraction - i'll try and have a better explanation as to what this does soon
- set cpu1 to online before changing it's freqs (I've read this helps setting it properly)

0.1 - 9/14
- initial release

[head]Bugs[/head]
- cpu1 does not want to stick. The app is doing it's job and writing the correct values, but for some reason it seems to get bumped back up to the highest frequency after a few seconds. I think this is more on the kernel side. More investigating needs to be done.

[head]Screenshots[/head]

View attachment 2688

(can someone take some? it doesn't show properly on my Vibrant, and I don't have my Sensation atm)

[head]What is GPU UI Fraction?[/head]

I asked faux to explain it since he can do it best

It's a ratio between how much time the GPU occupies the bus for graphic processing vs letting control the bus to other system devices who maybe hungry for system bus accesses
Default is at 33.

[head]Future Development[/head]
This app is the product of about 2 days of coding, so it's not much yet. The future depends on the popularity of the app and the time I have to spend on yet another project. I do plan on at least adding voltage controls for each frequency though. Also support for other snapdragon dual core cpus not necessarily using faux's VDD interface.

Don't hate on my coding!
All source code is in my github. Please feel free to contribute to my awful coding.

By the way, this is a RootzWiki exclusive

Download
-> FauxClock 0.9

Attachments

·
Android Beginner
16 Posts
Okay, I really like the idea of this, but I'm a bit confused with it. I'll set values (clock and voltage), I'll hit refresh to make sure the core are actually behaving how I told them too, and everything is cool. However, I'll leave the app and come back, and it's as if nothing was done before. Everything goes back to stock settings. Are the changes actually made and they just aren't displaying properly? Or am I just sliding the sliders around for fun? :) lol

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
blink_c said:
Also, I'm using this with Android Revolution HD 3.1.1. Should I uninstall the OC Daemon or leave it be?
Yeah. OC daemon will definitely break the functionality of this app.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
68 Posts
roman said:
Can anyone else confirm?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
now using .2 the app now allows me to set freq for cpu0, but cpu1 continues to scale as high as the kernel allows. i set the UV and when i hit back out of the app and come back, it seems to have reset. though the "set on boot" is still checked. but if i touch home instead of back arrow, it does remember my settings.

i am using faux123's Sensation Kernel 0.1.4 (1.56 GHz Sync L2) with the thermal throttler mod for AOSP/CM7

·
71 Posts
themetatron said:
now using .2 the app now allows me to set freq for cpu0, but cpu1 continues to scale as high as the kernel allows. i set the UV and when i hit back out of the app and come back, it seems to have reset. though the "set on boot" is still checked. but if i touch home instead of back arrow, it does remember my settings.

i am using faux123's Sensation Kernel 0.1.4 (1.56 GHz Sync L2) with the thermal throttler mod for AOSP/CM7
I can confirm the app holding voltage if I use home button to back out if app.

Sent from my HTC Pyramid

·
Android Beginner
16 Posts
raycaster3 said:
I can confirm the app holding voltage if I use home button to back out if app.

Sent from my HTC Pyramid
That's just because you never actually closed the app. Common misconception with Android that many people have. When you hit "Home" you don't close it, you just put it in the background, similar to minimizing a program in Windows.

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
My problem so far with this is it will not allow me to set my clock speeds at all, when I open CPU Control I get the 2 sliders and the Governer, however it just says # for each clock and the sliders don't move at all.

·
71 Posts
blink_c said:
That's just because you never actually closed the app. Common misconception with Android that many people have. When you hit "Home" you don't close it, you just put it in the background, similar to minimizing a program in Windows.
I realize that as I know how android works in that respect. I'm just confirming that as the app is "open" the values stick. I can adjust every value and reset clocks and that all works for me while app is open or in the background.

Sent from my HTC Pyramid

·
Android Beginner
68 Posts
@volsclan

i had the same issue with .12, once i flashed the .14 it worked properly. i had just wanted to see what the app looked like, then faux released .14 for cm7/aosp

·
71 Posts
themetatron said:
@volsclan

i had the same issue with .12, once i flashed the .14 it worked properly. i had just wanted to see what the app looked like, then faux released .14 for cm7/aosp
So your values stick? I'm on 0.1.4 right now and they do not stick for me yet.

Sent from my HTC Pyramid

1 - 20 of 165 Posts