·
Registered
16 Posts
New version on its way! Check http://slethen.net for screenshots and progress

AndroidSuite 2012
Coded & Tested by:
  • Tom Dolan (Scriptr)
  • Joel Duncan (Slethen)

I'm taking over the project development any suggestions for new features are very welcome :D

Updates:
New program release "apkm" (Apkmanager)
As a lot of features in AndroidSuite2012 were not used by the actual user I decided to release a single tool dedicated for decompiling apk's.
It has the same simple to use GUI as AndroidSuite but with less confusing buttons and a much lighter package.
The check box options are not yet implemented this is a alpha I was working on and decided to pull it from my dropbox and release.
Enjoy! Download below

PS Apktool might need replacing. Tomorrow I will update with the same method for decompiling used in AS2012.
v114
Bug fixes
Images showing again
No more refresh bug

v113
Apk Signer added!
And working updater
Tutorial help section added, but program closes after viewing

AndroidSuite 2012 what it does
  • Decodes and encodes Dex files
  • Decodes and encodes APK files (Previously bugged in APKManager)
  • Gives a console output
  • Flash boot.img (fastboot)
  • Flash update.zip (fastboot)
  • reboot/reboot fastboot mode
  • Sign unsigned apks

Whats to be added?
ADB Apk flasher
Any suggestions?

System requirements:

Windows (XP/Vista/7)
512MB free system memory
Java (JRE/JDK 6 prefered)
Android Suite 2012 by Team Scripthen

APKs:
Place the APKs in the directory \apk\
refresh the list,
select from the first list box which one you want to decode then hit
"decode selected" you can then edit the source in "decoded-apks".
to re-encode, refresh the list again, the select from the second list which directory
you'd like to encode hit "encode selected" once the progress bar has stopped you can
then safetly remove the APK from "encoded-apks" directory.

Dex:
place your .dex file in the directory "\repo\Dex" go to the main window and then hit
"Decode Dex", then you can click "Open OUT Directory" to view the source code.
Once finished with the source code you can then hit "Encode Dex" to reencode it to
"classes.dex" which will appear in programs root.

APK Signing:

Place your apk file to be signed in "\unsigned" rename it too apk (apk.apk)
Now hit Apk Signer under Experimental features, this creates your new signed apk as "signed-apk.apk" in /unsigned folder

Experimental features added:

Apply update.zip;
Applies an update.zip to the device,
please note:
To apply the update, the archive needs to be in %PROGRAMROOT%\repo\

Reboot;
Send reboot signal to the phone

Boot to fast mode;
Reboot the phone to fast mode

boot.img;
This has NOT been fully tested!!!
To apply the new boot image put it in %PROGRAMROOT%\repo\

It would be extremely helpful if you were to post bugs/errors on this topic so we can find them easier. :D

apkm (ApkManager)

DOWNLOAD

AndroidSuite2012

DOWNLOAD

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm ok thanks for the heads up been trying to theme ICS apps with no luck, I'm working on ICS support right now will be implemented in version 115 :)

·
Android Lover
102 Posts
Doesn't work on 32bit Windows 7. Was this compiled as a 64bit only app?? Only time I've ever received this error is when I have done that myself.

Error: "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

·
Android Lover
102 Posts
I'll re-upload an x86 32bit version later today, I normally compile 32bit but I might of done it wrong sorry about that
Edit: I've re-uploaded should work now :)
Thank. It works good now.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I am trying to use this to modify xml files in apex launcher and it decodes fine but when trying to reencode nothing is placed into the encoded apk directory. I have tried this with both modified and unmodified apk with the same results. should i post the verbose output or any ideas to try first. Running v115 on windows 7

Sent from my Gummified DX

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am trying to use this to modify xml files in apex launcher and it decodes fine but when trying to reencode nothing is placed into the encoded apk directory. I have tried this with both modified and unmodified apk with the same results. should i post the verbose output or any ideas to try first. Running v115 on windows 7

Please do upload the logs, then we can take a better look into it.
Thanks.

·
Registered
542 Posts
ok. looking through the log no errors till the end but now im sure its on my end not urs. i am new to editing so hopefully i havent overlooked something simple but heres the error i get at the end of the log

Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:UsersDebiAppDataLocalTempAPKTOOL7158804944647753440.tmp, -I, C:UsersDebiapktoolframework1.apk, -S, C:AndroidSuitedecoded-apksApexLauncherres, -M, C:AndroidSuitedecoded-apksApexLauncherAndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:193)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:301)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:248)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:171)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:154)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:182)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:67)
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:UsersDebiAppDataLocalTempAPKTOOL7158804944647753440.tmp, -I, C:UsersDebiapktoolframework1.apk, -S, C:AndroidSuitedecoded-apksApexLauncherres, -M, C:AndroidSuitedecoded-apksApexLauncherAndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:83)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:191)
... 6 more
[Loaded java.util.IdentityHashMap$KeySet from shared objects file]
[Loaded java.util.IdentityHashMap$IdentityHashMapIterator from shared objects file]
[Loaded java.util.IdentityHashMap$KeyIterator from shared objects file]

seems to be an aapt problem but cant figure out what i am doing wrong. sorry if this is stupidity on my part but thanks for any help you may be able to give

·
Registered
4 Posts
ok. looking through the log no errors till the end but now im sure its on my end not urs. i am new to editing so hopefully i havent overlooked something simple but heres the error i get at the end of the log

Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:UsersDebiAppDataLocalTempAPKTOOL7158804944647753440.tmp, -I, C:UsersDebiapktoolframework1.apk, -S, C:AndroidSuitedecoded-apksApexLauncherres, -M, C:AndroidSuitedecoded-apksApexLauncherAndroidManifest.xml]
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:UsersDebiAppDataLocalTempAPKTOOL7158804944647753440.tmp, -I, C:UsersDebiapktoolframework1.apk, -S, C:AndroidSuitedecoded-apksApexLauncherres, -M, C:AndroidSuitedecoded-apksApexLauncherAndroidManifest.xml]
... 6 more
[Loaded java.util.IdentityHashMap$IdentityHashMapIterator from shared objects file]

seems to be an aapt problem but cant figure out what i am doing wrong. sorry if this is stupidity on my part but thanks for any help you may be able to give
Move AndroidSuite folder to the root of your drive. (In this case C:\)
We had a bit of trouble with directory names.

I will have a look and see what I can do,

Thank you for reporting this bug.
-T

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hmmm. Thats where i have it at. Directory is C:androidsuite
Should the aapt.exe manually open. When i try to open it it closes immediatly. i originally unzipped it on desktop so maybe ill try a fresh unzip to the C:
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hmmm. Thats where i have it at. Directory is C:androidsuite
Should the aapt.exe manually open. When i try to open it it closes immediatly. i originally unzipped it on desktop so maybe ill try a fresh unzip to the C:
Thanks

These apps are not my speciality here though I believe it's like this;
aapt.exe is a CLI (Command Line Interface) has to be open with Terminal/CMD though it can also be called with parameters, example:
aapt.exe -s functionHere -i input-name
Then aapt will realise the switch, -s.

May I get some more information about your system?
This would be needing:

- Keyboard layout
- OS installed language
- Architect (x86 or 64-bit)

This will help me/us with errors like this in the future, thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts

... 6 more

I just decoded Apex launcher put back to together signed then installed. When program is not ran as admin it gets that error at the end. That error can also be caused if you do not have jre6 installed on your PC. So run as admin see if it works, if not reinstall/install jre6.

Edit: Ohh that could also be due to a bad xml line, if you send me the xml after trying the above I'll be happy to look into it

·
Registered
542 Posts
i figured out that i had to replace the aapt.exe in my apktool as well as install ur program into the same directory. I knew it was something simple but all is well now. I had moved the apktool to my sdk folder but didnt move androidsuite as well. Thanks for your help

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.