Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
This is RootzWiki exclusive app release from n00bware (JBirdVegas & RevNumbers)

We have enjoyed our time on RootzWiki forums so much we wanted to release a free app we thought the community would enjoy so ... ENJOY!

*we may release a donation app on Android Market but the app will be supported and ALWAYS FREE here

EDIT: We did release a donation version on the Android Market ...lol it links here to get it for free ;P

PropModder *FOR ROOTED USERS*

PropModder is a program to automate modding your build.prop ...if you are like us you mod it after every flash all 5 billion

PropModder features:

View your /system/build.prop
***KNOW YOUR BUILD.PROP***

Allows modding of:
Wifi scan interval (Battery life)
LCD density (sudo HD screen)
Windows Manager's max events per second (Performance)
Telephone ring delay (User preference)
VM Heapsize (Memory management / Performance)
HSUPA upload speed hack (Not for all phones if it causes you to loose service DON'T PANIC just disable and reboot)
Disable Boot Animation (Faster boot times) THANKS Spitemare!
Motorola Proximity sensor delay (Faster screen on when you move the phone from your face)
Disable logcat logging (Performance)
Build ID modification (Aesthetics)
PM sleep policy (Battery life)
JIT Compiler (Performance)
Checkin Service disabling (Data Usage / Anonymity) ***See Note Below
TCP stack optimizations (Performance / Memory Management)
SDcard buffersize aka sdcard speed hack (Performance)
3G Speed Hack (Data Speed)
GPU Hardware Acceleration (Performance)

*** data sent doesn't contain personal info just info on system crashes and usage

The usual warnings apply this is your device and therefor yor responsibly ... WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING YOU DO TO YOUR DEVICE!

PropModder is open source

https://github.com/n...apps_propmodder

We have enabled Pull Request and Issues on our github so PLEASE fork away
...if you kang please give credit

Also if anyone has ideas for future releases PLEASE let me know.

[hide=Screenies:]
View attachment 1150 [/hide]

PropModder app lives here: http://www.mediafire.../?61dsjqqfl6qg6

ChangeLog: https://github.com/n...modder/commits/

Attachments

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
Cool! You guys are just too kind. :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
You could add other build.prop related settings. For instance the radio settings for the speed hack. You could have a toggle for all those to be changed to enable it. Or you could change it to enable/disable the moto hacks. All kinds of things you could do with it.

·
Android Master
563 Posts
What about enabling vvmail? I usually just change the code with root explorer

Sent from my TBolt using my f***cking thumbs...

·
Android Apprentice
18 Posts
Any way to make it detect on boot if supported settings are changed (because you, for example, just flashed your /system), and change them back automatically? So I can finally stop having to change my LCD density after every nightly! :p

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
oops...........

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Pun said:
Any way to make it detect on boot if supported settings are changed (because you, for example, just flashed your /system), and change them back automatically? So I can finally stop having to change my LCD density after every nightly! :p
Good idea but the script would need to be in the init.d folder which a /system flash would kill :(

Propmodder can do the legwork for you :)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sonami said:
What about enabling vvmail? I usually just change the code with root explorer

Sent from my TBolt using my f***cking thumbs...
Good idea! Do any other devices support this flag?

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
aceoyame said:
You could add other build.prop related settings. For instance the radio settings for the speed hack. You could have a toggle for all those to be changed to enable it. Or you could change it to enable/disable the moto hacks. All kinds of things you could do with it.
+1 we love hacking Moto ;-)

·
Android Apprentice
10 Posts
aceoyame said:
The radio settings (ro.ril.hsxpa= 3 <-> ro.ril.hsxpa= 2) etc. would be great ... !! Really hope it will be included in next update !! Thumbs Up for this nice tool .... !

·
Android Apprentice
18 Posts
JBirdVegas said:
Good idea but the script would need to be in the init.d folder which a /system flash would kill :(

Propmodder can do the legwork for you :)

What if it was just registered as a normal autorun service? All it would do on run is compare your current build.prop to the one it cached (in /data) last time you changed something. If it notices something is different (because you just flashed /system), it can just prompt "Hey, your build.prop seems different than I remember. Want to restore your old settings and reboot now?".

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
This app is great, thanks for putting this together.

"Pun said:
What if it was just registered as a normal autorun service? All it would do on run is compare your current build.prop to the one it cached (in /data) last time you changed something. If it notices something is different (because you just flashed /system), it can just prompt "Hey, your build.prop seems different than I remember. Want to restore your old settings and reboot now?".
Or, you could have it save a file to the sd card that has all the settings you want in it (could do something simple like propmodder.txt, and only have the settings that you can change in the app, so that you aren't pulling in the entire old build.prop). The file would just be telling the app what changes to make so it could just be in a form like "wifiScan=15" (or "=0" or whatever way you coded the lists). Then the app could be set up so that on the app's first run it looks for that file, then asks you if you want to use those settings (if the file was there, otherwise it would act normally).

It wouldn't be on boot, but it would be quick, and would give the ability to back up your changes (just add a backup and restore section, you actually could just do this instead of searching when the app runs, should only require a few more clicks, and would probably be easier to code).

As the app is right now, this isn't really necessary, but depending on how many other options you add, this could be useful for people who switch roms often.

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Firehwk said:
This app is great, thanks for putting this together.

Or, you could have it save a file to the sd card that has all the settings you want in it (could do something simple like propmodder.txt, and only have the settings that you can change in the app, so that you aren't pulling in the entire old build.prop). The file would just be telling the app what changes to make so it could just be in a form like "wifiScan=15" (or "=0" or whatever way you coded the lists). Then the app could be set up so that on the app's first run it looks for that file, then asks you if you want to use those settings (if the file was there, otherwise it would act normally).

It wouldn't be on boot, but it would be quick, and would give the ability to back up your changes (just add a backup and restore section, you actually could just do this instead of searching when the app runs, should only require a few more clicks, and would probably be easier to code).

As the app is right now, this isn't really necessary, but depending on how many other options you add, this could be useful for people who switch roms often.
I'm glad you are enjoying the app! Thank you for you input that sounds like a great feature ... may not be implemented in the next release, but we will start experimenting and hopefully get it in soon.

Thank you for the idea! If you know java and would like to help please fork our github and send us a pull request!

·
Android Apprentice
10 Posts
Sorry, just to let you know that PropModder_v1_2.apk Force Closes on my HTC Desire HD with ARHD 5.2.5 ROM / SuperUser 3.0 Beta 4
It not even comes to the notification screen from SU, opening PropModder_v1_2 results in immediate FC ..

Any suggestions :)

Cheers,

PS,
PropModder_v1_1.apk works in same setup with no problems .. :D

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wacco001 said:
Sorry, just to let you know that PropModder_v1_2.apk Force Closes on my HTC Desire HD with ARHD 5.2.5 ROM / SuperUser 3.0 Beta 4
It not even comes to the notification screen from SU, opening PropModder_v1_2 results in immediate FC ..

Any suggestions :)

Cheers,

PS,
PropModder_v1_1.apk works in same setup with no problems .. :D
Any chance you can send me a logcat link? Not much changed in 1.1 to 1.2

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
"JBirdVegas said:
I'm glad you are enjoying the app! Thank you for you input that sounds like a great feature ... may not be implemented in the next release, but we will start experimenting and hopefully get it in soon.

Thank you for the idea! If you know java and would like to help please fork our github and send us a pull request!

Sadly, I don't know much java, I was thinking about how I would do it in C++.

I am also having problems with the 1.2 version. It force closes as soon as I try to open it, and refuses to install over another version (either from 1.1 to 1.2 or from 1.2 to 1.1) I'll edit this with the alogcat of the force close, but it is a very short log (like 3-4 lines).

Edit: here is the log (other crap removed)
I/System.out( 7113): UPDATECOUNTERS REQUEST: com.n00bware.propmodder = 0
I/System.out( 7113): UPDATINGCOUNTERS: com.n00bware.propmodder = 0
D/AndroidRuntime(11134): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm(11134): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40015560)
I/Process (11134): Sending signal. PID: 11134 SIG: 9
I/System.out( 7113): UPDATECOUNTERS REQUEST: org.jtb.alogcat = 0
I/System.out( 7113): UPDATINGCOUNTERS: org.jtb.alogcat = 0

Sent from my CM7'd DROID2 GLOBAL

1 - 20 of 122 Posts