Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Themer
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sheldoneous said:
Does it update automatically this way?.I am running a Rom with a themed version.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
It will be pushed out to all eventually.

·
Call Me Bert
188 Posts
It doesn't work for me on droid x running LIBERTYROM. here are the things I tried:
root explorer->placing
Uninstall updates->option not available
Install with package installer->says application not installed
Wut dew?

·
Themer
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No offense taken, it wouldn't install for me so I pushed it. Glad it works easier for others. Thanks for the tip! :)

·
Themer
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BrttWrd said:
It doesn't work for me on droid x running LIBERTYROM. here are the things I tried:
root explorer->placing
Uninstall updates->option not available
Install with package installer->says application not installed
Wut dew?
I'm running liberty .9 and works. I pushed it using root explorer and rebooted.

·
Call Me Bert
188 Posts
@androidsims
Except I'm on froyo liberty because froyo's stability has always loved me :)

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Nice, but lame. No one at google has seen the left-right spinner, with columnar verticle scroll ? WTFG+ !!!!

Nope got to press menu to get my apps. LAME

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
Nothing to do with the OP but you all need to make sure you're very careful about what vending.apk files you install and where they come from. We're about to be in for a world of hurt with malware and installing leaked files without verifying that they are safe will be a hard lesson learned! I'm sure the OP is somebody who isn't malicious but are you sure that the OP checked out the file to ensure that it isn't infected with a trojan? It was never mentioned so you might not want to assume that, in which case, you better verify this for yourself. And if you don't know how to, then you probably shouldn't be installing this.

</psa>

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

·
THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN ANDROID
223 Posts
willy900wonka said:
Nice, but lame. No one at google has seen the left-right spinner, with columnar verticle scroll ? WTFG+ !!!!

Nope got to press menu to get my apps. LAME
I have always done that so its no issue for me there..

·
Supporting Member
54 Posts
Downloaded this to my Droid X. It asks if I want to install. Click "Install" and the message comes back "not installed". What am I doing wrong?

·
Themer
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jaxidian said:
Nothing to do with the OP but you all need to make sure you're very careful about what vending.apk files you install and where they come from. We're about to be in for a world of hurt with malware and installing leaked files without verifying that they are safe will be a hard lesson learned! I'm sure the OP is somebody who isn't malicious but are you sure that the OP checked out the file to ensure that it isn't infected with a trojan? It was never mentioned so you might not want to assume that, in which case, you better verify this for yourself. And if you don't know how to, then you probably shouldn't be installing this.

</psa>

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
I scanned the .apk with Kaspersky desktop and mobile. Came up clean for me.
superwrench1 said:
Downloaded this to my Droid X. It asks if I want to install. Click "Install" and the message comes back "not installed". What am I doing wrong?
In this case you can use root explorer to copy and paste it to /system/app then reboot the phone.

·
Flash-a-Holic
530 Posts
New market does not work for me. I have it installed fine, but I am unable to update any of my apps. All I see are open and uninstall when I try to update an app.

·
Average Android
710 Posts
Trooper said:
New market does not work for me. I have it installed fine, but I am unable to update any of my apps. All I see are open and uninstall when I try to update an app.
Same here. I've seen lots of reports of this. I wonder if this is an early leaked version?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.