Android OS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
View attachment 1984
Spark Mod Manager - Beta 1

About[HR][/HR]Spark Mod Manager is a front end app for Ezekeel's kernel mods now found in many popular Nexus S kernels. These are usually turned off by default (in a init.d script set my the developer), and now you can easily turn them on or off until you reboot!

Usage
[HR][/HR]Open the app, check what features you wish to use (Screen Dimmer is old now, probably don't use it if you have Touch Wake enabled, they are aimed at the same thing), then hit apply. Give the app SU permissions and you should be set!

Notes[HR][/HR]
  • Your kernel must support these mods! There is currently no error checking (it's a beta, done on a Sunday arvo actually) so it could fail on you!
  • The timeout delay for these mods will vary from kernel to kernel. On my device, I have set it to custom values, but yours may differ. A future addition in the final version is to be able to change these within the app using sliders.
Download[HR][/HR]Download the app below (hosted on Github for ease at my end).
Spark-Beta1.apk

Spark is also open source (licensed under the Open Source License 3.0), you can find all the sources here: https://github.com/jonathongrigg/SparkModManager
You will also need Action Bar Sherlock as a library project in Eclipse to get it to work (http://actionbarsherlock.com/)

Attachments

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
You read my mind. When you asked for simple app ideas, I was going to suggest this. :) Would the clock/timer API work for setting the timeouts?

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Maximilian said:
You read my mind. When you asked for simple app ideas, I was going to suggest this. :) Would the clock/timer API work for setting the timeouts?
Well I decided to try Trinity EUV (still on it, absolutely rock solid for me days later!) and it had the mods in it, so I started testing them and found that while you could use script managers, they seemed over complicated for many people.

As for the time outs, I was just thinking of adjusting the time out value set in scripts (ie before the mod turns on, like the delay before the touchkeys turn off) using a sliding bar. The time based turn on/off would most likely require more resources and I don't really want to do that. Maybe I can eventually built Tasker support in for that stuff, I'd have to look into it.

Sent from my Nexus S using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
"Jonathon Grigg said:
Well I decided to try Trinity EUV (still on it, absolutely rock solid for me days later!) and it had the mods in it, so I started testing them and found that while you could use script managers, they seemed over complicated for many people.

As for the time outs, I was just thinking of adjusting the time out value set in scripts (ie before the mod turns on, like the delay before the touchkeys turn off) using a sliding bar. The time based turn on/off would most likely require more resources and I don't really want to do that. Maybe I can eventually built Tasker support in for that stuff, I'd have to look into it.

No, I was thinking just to pop up the time input scroll boxes (like when you set the alarm clock) to get the minutes and seconds for the delay, then write the delay to the files like normal. I thought it might be a built-in Funston you could use for any app. The new UI looks good, though. ;)

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"Maximilian said:
No, I was thinking just to pop up the time input scroll boxes (like when you set the alarm clock) to get the minutes and seconds for the delay, then write the delay to the files like normal. I thought it might be a built-in Funston you could use for any app. The new UI looks good, though. ;)
Oh I get it now, and I can see how that would work. I can give it a shot later this week, haven't used the time picker before. That said, keeping everything accessible on one screen is always good in an app, especially one this simple.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't really been working on this since the last screenshots, but hopefully when I get some more spare time, maybe today, I can get the sliders hooked up properly. Take a look at the Carbon betas in the Carbon 1.0 thread for your honeycomb styled treat!

·
Average Android
60 Posts
Hey any chance of u updating it so that we don't need to apply settings every time we reboot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"sagarpruthi said:
Hey any chance of u updating it so that we don't need to apply settings every time we reboot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, sorry I have had it planned for a while, just been a bit busy to actually get around to it that's all. It would be no more than a days work I imagine, I will nominate Wednesday for it, maybe Thursday for Proton v2. Today is Carbon and resting up and tomorrow I'm catching up with my girlfriend hopefully. Shouldn't be too far away I hope!

·
Average Android
60 Posts
Jonathon Grigg said:
Yeah, sorry I have had it planned for a while, just been a bit busy to actually get around to it that's all. It would be no more than a days work I imagine, I will nominate Wednesday for it, maybe Thursday for Proton v2. Today is Carbon and resting up and tomorrow I'm catching up with my girlfriend hopefully. Shouldn't be too far away I hope!

Ok cool looking forward to the various releases.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts