Android OS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an issue with about 30 of my apps not showing in the apps list or even being recognized that I ever purchased or downloaded them.

I'm running BAMF forever.

Example: I have cut the rope. There's an update today. yet it's prompting me to purchase it again.

Anyone have a fix or an idea why this is occurring? Thanks.

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
I would say go to Amazon's website and download the latest version. Other than that I would say maybe email them and see if that helps. Really haven't heard of anything like this before.

·
Supporting Member
130 Posts
Phaded said:
I'm having an issue with about 30 of my apps not showing in the apps list or even being recognized that I ever purchased or downloaded them.

I'm running BAMF forever.

Example: I have cut the rope. There's an update today. yet it's prompting me to purchase it again.

Anyone have a fix or an idea why this is occurring? Thanks.
Is it the Android Market that is giving you the problem or Amazon Market?

·
Android Lover
246 Posts
Do you have two gmail accounts? Because maybe it signed in to the other account. That's what happend to me. Just go to the market,account's then choose the one you used.

·
Android Beginner
23 Posts
Might be a stupid question, but did the op purchase the app from the Amazon appstore and not the Android Market?

·
Android Apprentice
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, got it from the market.

I was just using that app as an example. I have about 30 others not showing.

·
Android Apprentice
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok cut the rope was free when it launched, now you have to pay to upgrade so I figured that one out.

The others though... They show on the desktop site, not in apps list. If I search them in the market app, it shows them installed, just not in list. A few had updates available I'm not getting prompts for.

·
Supporting Member
130 Posts
I would go to applications--Manage Applications--Market--Clear Data--Clear Cache--Uninstall Updates--Force Close

Reopen and see if you are prompted to update market. Before you do that, open Market--Menu--Accounts confirm there is only one account there. If so, try the above.

·
Android Veteran
218 Posts
RichSimplicity said:
Do you have two gmail accounts? Because maybe it signed in to the other account. That's what happend to me. Just go to the market,account's then choose the one you used.
Heh, a few days ago, I noticed in "My Apps" that only Google Maps and YouTube were showing up. Wasn't too worried.... If I checked an app I KNOW is installed, it says "Installed" so I figured it would sort itself out later - I've seen this before. I just checked now and turns out I was logged into the Market with one of my other Google accounts. No idea how it switched !

·
Supporting Member
130 Posts
hall said:
Heh, a few days ago, I noticed in "My Apps" that only Google Maps and YouTube were showing up. Wasn't too worried.... If I checked an app I KNOW is installed, it says "Installed" so I figured it would sort itself out later - I've seen this before. I just checked now and turns out I was logged into the Market with one of my other Google accounts. No idea how it switched !
It is actually pretty common since the last few Market updates. I am sure you will have to switch it again.

·
Supporting Member
130 Posts
Phaded said:
Only one account
Did you try my other recommendation?

I would go to applications--Manage Applications--Market--Clear Data--Clear Cache--Uninstall Updates--Force Close

Reopen and see if you are prompted to update market.

·
Android Lover
346 Posts
Go to manage applications>Market and clear data. Give it a few minutes then open the market, accept the agreement, then go to My Apps. Ten to one says they'll be there. No need to uninstall updates or reboot.

Sent from my Liquid Thunderbread HTC Thunderbolt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts