Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Android Lover
218 Posts
This Is What I've Removed Using Titanium Backup. Alot.

I SBFed And Started All Over Just To Provide This List.

Gingerbread 2.3.3

DO NOT DELETE ACCOUNTS OR BACKUP ASSISTANT YOU WILL BOOTLOOP WHEN FLASHING UPDATE OR FACTORY RESET

Mine Did Not Bootloop Can't Say It Won't Happen To You.

Code:
<br />
Amazon Kindle<br />
Amazon MP3<br />
Apps<br />
Blockbuster<br />
Books<br />
Car Dock<br />
City ID<br />
Desk Home<br />
DLNA *Will Force Close. Battery Pull. Reboot.<br />
DLNASystemService<br />
Email<br />
Email Authenticator<br />
Facebook Authenticator *I Didn't Remove Because I Use Facebook<br />
Flickr Autheticator<br />
FM Radio<br />
FM Radio Service<br />
Help Center<br />
IM<br />
IM Presence<br />
LastFM Authenticator<br />
Lets Golf<br />
LinkedIn Authenticator<br />
Magic Smoke Wallpapers<br />
Messages<br />
Messaging<br />
Motorola Dock Service<br />
Music *I Use 3rd Party App<br />
Music Visualation Wallpapers<br />
My Verizon Mobile *Will Force Close. Battery Pull. Reboot.<br />
Myspace Authenticator<br />
News & Weather<br />
News<br />
NFL Mobile<br />
NFS Shift<br />
Online Album<br />
Orkut Authenticator<br />
Photobucket Authenticator<br />
Picasa Authenticator<br />
Quick Contact<br />
Quickoffice<br />
Rich Location<br />
Skype Mobile<br />
Skyrock Authenticator<br />
Slacker<br />
Social Messaging<br />
Social Networking<br />
Social Sharing<br />
Social Status<br />
Sticky Note<br />
Street View<br />
Swype<br />
Sync Service<br />
Talk<br />
Task Manager *Will Force Close. Battery Pull. Reboot.<br />
Tasks<br />
Text Messaging *I Use 3rd Party App<br />
Toggle Widgets<br />
TTS Service<br />
Twitter Authenticator<br />
Universal Inbox<br />
VCast Music<br />
VCast Videos<br />
Voice Commands *Will Force Close. Battery Pull. Reboot.<br />
Voice Search<br />
Voicemail<br />
VZ Navigator<br />
VZW Package Installer<br />
Weather<br />
Work Contacts<br />
World Clock<br />
Youtube Authenticator

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Hey mikey I started debloating using your list and after freezing Task Mgr bat pull reboot I get a message app home process com.motorola.home has stopped Forceclose. See the lock screen under the message but when I hit force close it keeps popping up, please get me out of this, thanx

·
Android Lover
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have Tried Another Battery Pull? I've Done This Twice Now Just So I Could Put The List Up Here.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
yes numerous, phone is running but it seems to have lost the launcher, if i hit power it gives me options over the lock screen

·
Android Lover
218 Posts
I Just Lost My Recovery It's Coming Up As Charge Mode. Looks Like I Get SBF For The Third Time Today And Do All This Over Again.

·
Android Apprentice
36 Posts
Thank you, I debloated A LOT before this thread, but I will definitely be doing more after seeing your list!

EDIT:
After looking at your list there are 2 recommendations. Do not delete Accounts or BackupAssistant. P3 found a while ago that removing those will cause bootloops because they are required to be run when the phone is first started up after a factory reset or update.

·
Android Lover
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
How do I flash using clockworkmod if I cant get past the lockscreen !!! Is there a way in through the back door, and will I be able to drop ADW on the card? Remenber I'm a novice. Thanx

·
Android Apprentice
36 Posts
Do it through the computer.

Download the apk for one of the launchers, and then plug in the device and do a adb install adwlauncher.apk (or w/e the filename is)

·
Android Lover
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Calm Down, We'll Get You Back To Normal.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
I'm calm now, lights out at 9 so I had to get crackin asap. I decided to just SBF and GB. It's all good, is that damn list safe or is it goin to bite me again? LOL BTW I've never been Normal and never will be, At least that's what the Doctors say !!! Thanks Mikey

·
Android Lover
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've Deleted The Same Apps Every Time And Have Had No Trouble.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Is it possible that I froze the launcher by mistake ? So your saying Accounts and B/U Assist. are OK to freeze. Respond at your leisure Thanks

·
Android Apprentice
36 Posts
BBEvolution said:
Is it possible that I froze the launcher by mistake ? So your saying Accounts and B/U Assist. are OK to freeze. Respond at your leisure Thanks
Yeah, in that list the launcher is being frozen, I assume he suspects that you will have an alternate launcher installed.

·
Android Lover
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BBEvolution said:
I Think "Chooser" Is What Was Killing You. That's The Only One In The List That Makes Sense. I'm Gonna Remove It Because I Don't Want Others To Have The Same Problem. I Do Apologize.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
No Problem, just wanted to get to the bottom of it !! Are you sure your not doing this intentionally, you know sort of a Lab just to see how I would handle it and whether I could rise to the occasion !!! Thanx BTW will you answer my question damn it, is Accounts and B/U Ass. safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Android Lover
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A Guy Posted That Removing Them Could Cause Bootloops When Either Updating Or Doing A Factory Reset. Like We Always Do A Nandroid Before Updating Worse Case We Would Just Have To Replace The Accounts And Backup Assistant And Change The Permissions To rw-r--r--.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Mikey, I used a black modded status bar on Froyo that one of the developers here posted a link for, I really liked it and wonder if it will work on GB !! Don't want to freak the phone out again !!! Hate the Blue. Thanx

1 - 20 of 35 Posts