Android OS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I both purchased the LG Thrill with promises from ATT store clerks of the android updates, in September. We're pretty pissed off with ATT & LG. In most states the law says that even a verbal contract IS a binding contract! I believe then, that those two companies are in breach of contract then. Besides, we all know the store clerks fib to make a sale/commission. That's ATT's problem. Their employees represent the company and speak for the company and clearly they've lied to hundreds of us.
We propose we start a nationwide class action lawsuit against both or one or the other, LG and ATT.
Think about it, it's an easy win for us. Refunded contracts? And monthly payments?
Let me know what you think, please. Message me for more details!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There is a wide spread shared frustration towards ATT among several other forums. I've filed an FTC complaint against ATT, I've contacted the Utah Attorney General's Consumer Complaints Department, and am now speaking with some attorneys for a class action lawsuit.
Please take a few minutes to think this through. It'll take little effort from you, a few minutes of your time, and the rewards could be truly inspiring. Tell all those with Thrills what's going on, reach out to others and get them involved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A lesson and possible alternative, is each Thrill consumer filing an independent civil suit against ATT in their county courts. In this respect, ATT could not possibly respond to even a fraction of the suits. The suits would not be more than $10k (per most county laws in civil suits) and the eventual pile up of suits would financially cripple ATT.

http://m.yahoo.com/w/news_america/wo...us&.lang=en-us

ATT Facts
71.3 million customers worldwide
10% of customers bought the new LG Thrill
Approximately 713, 000 customers bought Thrill
$10,000 small claims lawsuits/ customer
$7.13 Billion total in potential lawsuits

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Read Only Status

Phil-101
Sent: 02-11-2012 05:58:43 PM

Add Phil-101 to Friends Ignore Phil-101

Hi mystagog_inc,

We have set your account to read-only status because you have violated the "Keep it relevant and appropriate " section of the Guidelines when you continuously posted links to third party websites promoting lawsuits. You have been previously warned about this type of action.

In order to reinstate your posting permissions, you must review the User Guidelines and respond to a moderator that you have read and agreed to those user Guidelines. Once we receive your reply, your posting permissions will be reinstated in 48 hours. Please be advised that further violations may result in the permanent removal of your posting permissions.

The AT&T Moderator Staff

ah, the BS keeps on going....

·
Pseudo-dev
31 Posts
I've said this over at XDA, but let me spell it out clearer. As AT&T consumers, we are bound by the contract as they are....

If you look at : WWW.wireless.att.com/learn/articles-resources/wireless-terms.ISP

Under heading 2.2: Arbitration Agreement, it states in the first full paragraph, post bullets in bold.

You agree that, by entering into this Agreement, you and AT&T are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action.

This prevents ANY class action (already went to Supreme Court and upheld) from being made. I would jump on it with you, but it's not going to work. We can arbitrate till the cows come home and clog resources, but it'll be tedious.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am currently in the "arbitration" process now with ATT. I had to write out what remedy I would like, so I gave a few options. When I have more time, I'll post the options in here and in XDA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So here is an update to this thread. After speaking with an expert attorney from Salt Lake City regarding AT&T, I have contacted AT&T's General Counsel office and started with legal action on my own. We cannot seek a class action as a whole against AT&T. To all of you that told me this already, thank you, but, like any good journalist would, I had to find out on my own, straight from the horses mouth.
The first step is to file a formal Notice Of Dispute, which I've done already and that's the first image here, (see the link below for the uploads). On that form, you have to mention your complaint and also what you seek for a remedy.Those are the other two uploads.
Beings that all these threads and posts are of public domain now, I researched for a good argument and used the words of: BZLMNOP, from one of their posts, seemed very good, so if you're reading this, thanks again.
I wanted to be greedy because I felt AT&T owed me, but I decided to be reasonable. So read this and let me know your thoughts. I appreciate all the feedback. On a side note, if anybody is considering doing this arbitration against AT&T, AT&T states they will cover all arbitration filing costs in their agreements. Peace.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1420280&page=11

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.