Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to figure out home to print with usb via my HP office jet G85. It looks like most apps only support wireless printing, as my printer doesn't I have been trying to figure out how to print through usb. Anybody figure this out yet?:_con:

·
Supporting Member
172 Posts
5150 said:
I've been trying to figure out home to print with usb via my HP office jet G85. It looks like most apps only support wireless printing, as my printer doesn't I have been trying to figure out how to print through usb. Anybody figure this out yet?:_con:
5150, Unfortunately, in my opinion, Android has failed with respect to USB not being supported by printers. I keep reading where there are a number of printing soloutions coming soon but to date none of them seem to propose to support USB.

There are a number of apps that will allow printing over WiFi. I use Printershare and it works very well.

Wish I had a fix for you being able to print via USB.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Downtown RDB and input. Hopefully usb printing will have an update soon.

·
Supporting Member
192 Posts
I'm using Cloud Print very successfully...it's awesome, but I do think it's dependent on wifi.

How would you print USB...? Cable the TF directly to your printer? In that case, why not cable to your computer and print from TF through computer's print driver?

:erm:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts