Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 155 Posts

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Looking at your CF Bench screenshot it looks similar to what I've seen since that came out... the Java scores are way low on the Atrix... what is it about this phone that makes it so inefficient at Java... isn't Android mostly Java?

·
Kernel Haxor
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
beatphreq said:
Looking at your CF Bench screenshot it looks similar to what I've seen since that came out... the Java scores are way low on the Atrix... what is it about this phone that makes it so inefficient at Java... isn't Android mostly Java?
That's the score with Moto Blur... the CM7 bench is much much higher... blame motorola for low java scores

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
faux123 said:
That's the score with Moto Blur... the CM7 bench is much much higher... blame motorola for low java scores
Yep... working good now... I actually beat the SGII score on all tests with CM7 PB3 and the .19 kernel nice!

I'm not sure what the clocking is on that SGSII score but Smart Bench 2011 shows a 1.3 SGS2 under us so that's all that matters to me :p

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Works completely stable for me at 1.3ghz after playing around with 0.1.9. Any kind of custom undervolting with setcpu causes major instability for me however. Doesn't run too hot at 1.3 so I'm not concerned.

·
Android Apprentice
10 Posts
The2dCour said:
Works completely stable for me at 1.3ghz after playing around with 0.1.9. Any kind of custom undervolting with setcpu causes major instability for me however. Doesn't run too hot at 1.3 so I'm not concerned.
+ 1...came to read about people running 1.9 kernel and UV but when undervolting at 1.3GHz immediate crashes. Will run at normal voltage and check back in. guess RW is the place to be for latest Faux kernels...thanks so much for this.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G MB860 using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Awesome! 1.9 runs smooth and stable (AT&T unlocked, rooted stock Atrix).

One minor thing I noticed -- so minor I'm hesitant to call it an issue. I shortly after flashing the 1.9 Kernel, I had WiFi stuck in the "On" position. I would turn it off, but it would automatically reactivate. A reboot fixed this. I haven't started changing any voltages with SetCPU.

(This might also have been caused by some unusual interactions with the AT&T "Hotspot Guru" app.)

I'll gather more data if this happens often enough to be a matter of concern, or if others have a similar issue. An occasional reboot is such a small price to pay for the huge speed boost!

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
1.9 is smooth as silk for me - the phone flies!
I've also noticed that even when chain running benchmark programs, the phone does not heat up even though its overclocked to 1.3Ghz. Very nice work!

I have the Cell Standby battery drain issue. Is there anything I could do to help track down the issue or get more information on it? Here's my phone's details:
AT&T Atrix
Radio N_01.77.30P (stock GB AT&T radio)
CM7 #3
faux 1.9

I've noticed the drain issue in CM7 #1, CM7 #2, and CM7#3 on kernel versions 1.6, 1.7, and 1.9. I didn't run 1.8 and I don't remember if 1.4 had the issue during CM7 #1.
If you need any other info to help track this down just ask away.

I know the drain didn't occur when using stock kernels on stock based ROMs.
I don't know if the issue occurs on stock based ROMs with your kernels or if it is limited to the CM7 pre-betas.
I don't know if the issue occurs with other author's kernels because I've only used your's with past stock based ROMs, and no other author makes a CM7 kernel.

Drain or no drain, your kernels are still awesome. My phone never stutters, lags, or appears sluggish like it did back in Froyo on the stock kernel and to a lesser extend with GB with the stock kernel. Keep up the great work!

DK

·
Android Apprentice
10 Posts
yeah 1.3 is great. no reboots after about 3 days. ive had about 3-4 before on previous kernals. UV causes major instability but im ok with keep stock voltages. noticed my battery does run down a little faster but it wasnt so great before so. just recalibrated last night it should be fine keeping at 1.1-1.2 or so..idle usage is very fair tho. great job and thanks for your work.

21 - 40 of 155 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.