Android OS Forum banner
121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, so flashing to the newest version of the kernel, i no longer lose my widgets when i restart. Now, however, when i try to take video, when i click record, the camera app closes. No FC warning or anything, it just closes.

·
Kernel Haxor
1,416 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

I tried to flash Nottachtrix using the 1GHZ faux fork on my intl Atrix and the general feel is not good. Not really responsive, terrible touch experience (UI doesn't swipe well under the finger and most of the time, it understand the swipe as a press), kind of sluggish and slow. And it's doing that right after the flash, even before I start restoring my apps with Titanium Backup. I even forgot that I flashed the ROM the last time so it stayed sleeping for 2 hours, with enough time to settle, before I start restoring. Sure enough, it was super laggy on wake. Pretty weird for a fresh start...

If I flash the stock kernel with the RAMfix, no issues of that kind...

Now, I must admit, it happened with pretty much all the BLUR ROMs I tried running faux; it's a terrible experience. I don't know what CM7/9 use but I never encountered issues with these.

So any international users sharing the same feel about faux ? It's really the first time for me that a custom kernel is actually way worse than any stock kernel. Any idea why ? It's really weird and I really don't how to report it as it's really a bug. It's just that it feels buggy, like a test ROM. And I know it's working perfectly fine for many (maybe AT&T) users so it must something in the hardware that causes this. Maybe some kind of support that is not included in faux by default...

Any lead ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
DanniBiker, I think that you use gb faux kernel, yes? Not cm7 or cm9. Do you realize that if you use original kernel (in my case tegrapart 1100) you have more memory than with at&t+fixram or any faux?. I'm on nottachtrix too but with original mbr1100 kernel.

·
Kernel Haxor
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
There's no difference between international and ATT builds. I've incorporated many patches from international build's kernel source into the mainline kernel as well.

BTW, stock CM kernel == my kernel. So if you have been using CM kernel from the beginning, you've been using my kernels all along. Right now I am very very busy with my work and life and barely have enough time to do anything else.

Also the issues with WWF is caused by some kernel.org patches (not my own patches, so someone on the mainline kernel broke something.) Since the mainline patches are close to 100+ patches, it will take some time to track down the exact patch that caused WWF to not function properly (Also, just to let you know, Turl and I have been playing WWF just to track down these issues, so even though there no public updates or announcements, we've been busily tracking down and fixing bugs constantly in the background.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
DannyBiker, check free memory in services in execution. Do you note difference in free memory? I have always about 150 MB more memory with 1100 kernel. This doesn't means that original kernel is better than faux, just a little difference in free ram. Same with original at&t+ramfix. Maybe because faux is based in at&t we see same difference. Any way, I think that 100-170 MB isn't a big drama. Some devices works fine with 512 MB, so for our Atrix this isn't important.

121 - 140 of 155 Posts