Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Overclocker
319 Posts
IT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO WORK THROUGH THIS THREAD. SO IF YOUR INTERESTED IN OVERCLOCKING YOUR BIONIC...READ ON.
I have been searching for a way to overclock the bionic. I found someone at xda that has overclocked the droid 3 without a custom kernel. I think we can use this information and improve on it for the bionic. See what you think....here it is!!

CREDIT:
-Yang.felix
-Rick#2

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1341514

·
Overclocker
319 Posts
I have all ready tried this, and no, it doesn't currently work for the bionic. Someone (dev) needs to tweak the files to the bionic. That should really be all it takes. However, this part is over my head.
I'm sure someone has the skills out there. I don't think its going to be difficult if you know what your doing.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I have noticed that if u change CPU, exit terminal, (actually close it, not back out and leave it running in the background) then go back into
Terminal and go to change it back to any other 1.1 or 1.0 my phone freezes and neef to reboot.
Someone want to check to see if that's the case for them aswell?
Go into term, su enter: 1100 enter, then menu, exit, then re enter term, su enter: 1000 enter, and that's where it freezes up on me.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
CELL TECH
1,173 Posts
runandhide05 said:
I have noticed that if u change CPU, exit terminal, (actually close it, not back out and leave it running in the background) then go back into
Terminal and go to change it back to any other 1.1 or 1.0 my phone freezes and neef to reboot.
Someone want to check to see if that's the case for them aswell?
Go into term, su enter: 1100 enter, then menu, exit, then re enter term, su enter: 1000 enter, and that's where it freezes up on me.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
Mine reboots as well

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using RootzWiki Forums

·
Registered
63 Posts
wow just tried this and it definitely did something!! i'm getting numbers that i have never hit before on different benchmark tests!

EDIT- don't know if it is the placebo effect but the phone seems much snappier

EDIT AGAIN- May be able to attribute the snappiness of the phone to setting both the MIN and MAX to 1000 in setCPU. The CPU doesn't have to "spool up" But I am seeing higher tests scores so I guess some further research needs to be done.

·
CELL TECH
1,173 Posts
Well if you keep doing quadrants it gets faster as you go. Maybe im trippen but its not working here

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using RootzWiki Forums

·
Overclocker
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have run many tests on quadrant, and have never come up with a 2730 score. I have always set gov to performance and run about 3 to 4 times in a row. I have hit highest at about 2600. Now 2730. Antutu cpu only test was like 1300 now 1800.

1 - 20 of 256 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.