Android OS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running virtuous inquisition with the cursor-button-power hack and the tbalden compositive-video-out hack

A few days ago I rebooted my phone and got two messages on startup saying "phone application has crashed" and "messaging has stopped".

Since then when I make a call even in a good signal location the audio cuts in and out, working for about three seconds and then off for three. Basically speech calls are unusable.

I've not been able to send or receive SMS since, when I tap the messages app icon I get "Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped".

I tried deleting the data for the message program from the settings->apps and that didn't fix that problem. I'm using smsbackup+
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync
so I don't mind deleting all sms's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ended up reflashing and everything worked fine again, didn't install tbalden's TV out though.

it was working perfectly until late this morning, when I realised that mobile data wasn't working and I fixed the APN settings and then tried out the wifi hotspot and set up my son's galaxy wifi to use it. The MT4GS crashed and went into a reboot loop, every time hanging after printing this:

V/NotificationService( 246): Charging...
D/lights ( 246): [LedInfo] write attr ok name=/sys/class/leds/amber/brightness string=1,len=1
D/lights ( 246): [LedInfo] write attr ok name=/sys/class/leds/amber/blink string=0,len=1
D/lights ( 246): [LedInfo] write attr ok name=/sys/class/leds/amber/off_timer string=0 0,len=3
D/lights ( 246): [LedInfo] write attr ok name=/sys/class/leds/green/brightness string=0,len=1

sadly, my last backup is going to be a week old now :-(
I think I'm going to have to invest in Titanium Pro if I'm going to be living on the edge and having to revert to backups regularly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts