Android OS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies in advance, as I know that this has been discussed extensively and often. I'm pretty new to TP.

I would like to know if it's a hardware issue or a software issue only when the speaker farts, when volume is turned up all the way, and it is NOT sleeping. When they say "Audio is a Mess" is that what everyone is referring to?

It seems like the issue is pervasive, whenever a song with heavy distortion comes on, the speakers fart.

What are people doing to remedy the issue while teams get the libraries working appropriately?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would like to know if it's a hardware issue or a software issue only when the speaker farts, when volume is turned up all the way, and it is NOT sleeping. When they say "Audio is a Mess" is that what everyone is referring to?
It seems like the issue is pervasive, whenever a song with heavy distortion comes on, the speakers fart.
What are people doing to remedy the issue while teams get the libraries working appropriately?
I hear kind of a regular ticking noise at any volume when playing music under CM9 A2. Other times audio is very distorted but recovers on its own soon after. Even WebOS has intermittent audio problems, though not nearly as bad as CM9.
As one of the "people" if I want quality music from the built-in audio I'll boot into WebOS. Or maybe Bluetooth audio (haven't tried it, it's on my fallback list if the CM team can't fix it eventually).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks CarlH! I'm just want to make sure that it's not just a hardware thing, cuz my TP is still under warranty. Seems like I've had some good output on WebOS but the second to last updated messed mine up, requiring restarts at times. Last update didn't fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts