Android OS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Android Beginner
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since BT5 has an arm edition what is the chance if getting it running in the touchpad? Maybe how they do it on the Xoom? I know they already have Ubuntu running so it shouldn't be that big of a stretch right?

·
Android Beginner
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I don't know if there is anyway to tell about the wifi other than boot it up and try. I would love to see it up and working!

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
BrentBlend said:
Not that big of a stretch at all.
Hope the card supports monitor mode or BT5 is pretty much useless
But with host USB (via host cable + y adapter), could you not attach a wireless adapter that supports monitor mode / injection?

·
Android Beginner
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that's probably a possibility. I managed to get Bt5 packages loaded onto Ubuntu but I ran into a problem. When you go to enable monitor mode it won't start. It looks like to get the wifi card to work in chroot they made the connection indirect. It shows up as eth0 instead of wlan0 like it should. If we could get direct access to the wifi card we could test it to see of it supports monitor mode like the Xoom does. Does anyone know if it's a possibly to modify chroot and/or webos to get direct access?

·
Sorry, I must be new here
1,187 Posts
Gibbon said:
But with host USB (via host cable + y adapter), could you not attach a wireless adapter that supports monitor mode / injection?
I don't see why not. If anything wireshark will be supported and when that occurs we can look at how it's utilizing the hardware for mon

What primary tools is everyone interested in seeing on the touchpad?
aircrack, wireshark, auto-root scripting...?

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts

·
Interwebz Pirate
34 Posts
So rather than tear down my Touchpad, I thought I'd use TechRepublics teardown.
The HP Touchpad uses an Atheros AR6003X chipset, doing a quick search on compatibility for Backtrack shows that the AR6003 generation chipset does not support injection under the Linux ath6kl driver (via aircrack-ng site).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts