Android OS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Droid X, and recently I flashed CM4DX to it. Soon after, when discharging my phone to calibrate, I noticed that the battery would jump from 17% all the way down to 4%. I thought it was odd but I kind of ignored it. But ever since then, always when it gets to 17%, it does that, no matter how many times I calibrate. I thought it might be from flashing 2nd-init recovery, but I don't know why that would make a difference and I think it was jumping before I flashed CWM. Does anyone have any ideas why it may be doing this or how to fix it?

·
Android Apprentice
22 Posts
I am not really sure what causes it, but it is a 2nd-init related issue. My battery drops from 9% to 4% instantly no matter what 2nd-init ROM I am on. I was on Shuji and DSX for a while and did not have the problem, went back to MIUI and the battery started dropping from 9-4 again.

·
Android Apprentice
16 Posts
U should try this
1. Charge until 100%
2. Remove backdoor
4. Shut it down until u c battery indicator 100%
5. Remove the battery while u charge it...your Dx will reboot and show battery indicator with question mark
6. Put back battery and wait until it go up to 100%
7. Reboot and you're done
Don't forget to wipe battery stat

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android Fanatic
1,821 Posts
I tried this way while on CM4GB and it was a no go. You can't charge it while it's off so as soon as you turn it off while the charger is still plugged in, it reboots on its own.

·
Android Lover
411 Posts
It works just fine on CM4DX-GB, just remove the battery after you feel the first vibration (During the Motorola logo). It boots into and the ROM reports 60% battery - put the battery back in and let it charge until it gets to 100%.

·
Android Fanatic
1,821 Posts
That did the trick thank you!

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just tried it. I'm on MIUI on Froyo Kernal. I tried pulling battery, phone booted normally, then, when I put it back it, it said charging, jumped from 20 to 60 to 100. My battery still jumped from 17% to 4%. It did do it when I was on cm4dx too, but I was also on Froyo kernal for that.

·
Supporting Member
55 Posts
I've had this problem on 2nd init rom's as well, but mine goes from 20 something down to 15% (when i had 1% i knew exactly what it jumped from)

just learned to live with it but keeping hope it gets fixed some day

(___((_________# ~~~

·
Infinite Noob
362 Posts
GadgetGirl;79312 said:
Sorry YIDS.... I was typing at the same time you were!

..... Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk
Haha! No problem - happens to me all the time

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts