Android OS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Average Android
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so earlier today, while running cm7, i decided to reboot. I held the power button, clicked reboot and it shut off. It then started to bootloop. I pulled the battery, tried again and all i could get to was the moto M and the bootloader screen. No big deal, i thought, ill just SBF. I proceeded to SBF and when it told me to manually power up my device.... the battery died. It was just my luck that i forgot my charger earlier, and then this happened. If i plug it into a charger it still sits on the M, and the only solution i can think of is to borrow/buy a battery, SBF properly, and i should be set.

Is there anything i can do to get around buying a new battery? Or is this the ONLY solution?

·
Average Android
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SBF'd with RSD Lite 4.8, it told me to manually boot up the phone, it started to bootloop, i unplugged and pulled the battery, and started to TRY to get into stock recovery - No success. I have held the home + power button for at least 2 or 3 minutes and it just sits at the M.... i tried SBF'ing again, same problem. Any suggestions? I might go to Verizon...................................

·
Average Android
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
swiftmazda said:
Actually, it's not unheard of for Verizon to send a bill to a customer after determining the phone has been rooted and such, especially since it voids your warranty. There have been stories of them doing that popping up here and there. Personally, I think them sending a bill is acceptable since the warranty on the phone is voided. I agree with what you're saying as well. It reinforces carriers putting pressure on companies to keep locked bootloaders. If these types of returns occur with a locked bootloader, it's quite obvious what the results will be with an unlocked one. It's frustrating seeing a phone be returned to a carrier when it can be easily fixed by the customer after a little research.
The funny thing is, they gave me my X back............ I'm going to keep trying to get it running. And I'm not sure they will be able to tell if i voided my warranty, if they can't get it running, and then proceed to let me keep it.

I know how to handle my phone, don't try to insult my intelligence. I have researched quite a bit as well and haven't found anyone that has had a similar problem.

·
Average Android
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Honestly, i feel like recovery has been corrupted or something on the phone. Is there anyway to few the files on my phone while it is in the bootloader? I have tried swiftmazda's suggested method and RSD Lite and tried SBF'ing to froyo and gingerbread. I have tried to get into recovery at least 20 times. I have done it plenty of times before but it just isnt working anymore. Has anyone ever heard of this issue before?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.