Android OS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Android Addict
715 Posts
I have a couple tweaks that I want to make to my status bar and could really use some help. I'm new at this and have yet to try my hand at XML edits or the like and have only completed simple image swaps to date. The following are the two things I'd like to accomplish:

1. I want to remove the battery icon (not insert a transparent icon)

2. I want to re size the signal strength indicator. I have a custom image that I'm using, it works great and i have re sized the .png to where i want it but when i flash it, it is auto scaled to fit the original width of the previous image. I'm assuming that this is an XML edit? Along with re sizing this image, i'd like to center it on the status bar if possible, but this is not that big of a deal.

Any and all help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Again, I'm very new to the more involved aspects of themeing but I'm also very eager and willing to learn. Thanks in advance for your time and patience.

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
it will probably cause FC's all over the place since you are removing images that are being looked for by an XML. you can replace them with transparent images, but then there will be a blank spot on the notification bar where the battery is supposed to be.

i am sure it is possible, but i have no clue how to do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts