Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Developer
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have figured out how to manipulate individual images within the system via the toolbox...

Really it only took me about 20 min and the real reason I was wanting to do this is because I think it would be sweet to offer the option to swap out battery icon themes (without messing with the rest of the theme)

Anyways the real reason I am posting this is, is to get your take on what icon themes you would like included?????

Obviously I will offer the honeycomb circle but I am looking to you as to what else to included :D

So post your theme's with a link and we will look into offering them

·
Android Apprentice
41 Posts
You totally read my mind Kejar. Personally I really liked the icon set you used in prior releases of GC (percentage inside of basic battery icon). It's the only thing I find myself missing in 2.0. Thanks for all your hard work.

·
Android Apprentice
19 Posts
I like the vertical bar to the right of the %. What if you put 1 on each side? It'd be a 50/50 set of vertical bars with 1 on each side. 100 down to 50 on the left. Once depleted, the right side begins falling from 50.

Thoughts?

Another idea is a hold-over from WinMo. I used to have a 1 or 2 pixel band across the top of the screen. No numbers, just a long, themed strip that decrements from left to right.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Apprentice
25 Posts
I know it's kind of dumb but it would be cool to have the little android guy up there other then a battery. Have it work just like a battery when full he's all green and it drops the inside turn black u know just like a battery I think it would look cool but have to have the % in side him or beside I love having the % number.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

·
Developer
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Halo said:
kejar - are you familiar with any of ChevyNo1's Simply Stunning ROM's for the D1? He has some pretty kick ass battery icons.

I found a ton of battery icon's here:

http://droidpirate.com/category/metamorph-2/battery-icons/
This is what I am looking for... lol I am not looking to make new ones but offer icon themes.. People go through icon sets like these any post a link to the ones you want included... If available I will reach out to the maker and get permission to include them

·
Developer
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Halo said:
kejar - are you familiar with any of ChevyNo1's Simply Stunning ROM's for the D1? He has some pretty kick ass battery icons.

I found a ton of battery icon's here:

http://droidpirate.com/category/metamorph-2/battery-icons/
This is what I am looking for... lol I am not looking to make new ones but offer icon themes.. People go through icon sets like these any post a link to the ones you want included... If available I will reach out to the maker and get permission to include them

·
Android Beginner
13 Posts
I'd love to be able to take the battery icon completely out of status bar (actually, I'd love to take EVERYTHING from the right hand side out).

·
H.M.F.I.C.
289 Posts
Kejar31 said:
Woohoo! Glad I could help. There's an Autobot battery icon on one of those pages. That one looks pretty bad ass.

Yes!!

http://droidpirate.com/2011/03/08/metamorph-battery-transformers/

I really like this one here:

http://droidpirate.com/2011/01/27/metamorph-battery-gauge/

·
H.M.F.I.C.
289 Posts
Well just for shits and giggles, I tried installing 2 of these battery icons w/ Metamorph. It didn't work and nothing adverse happened to the phone. Whew.

·
Android Apprentice
48 Posts
1thess523 said:
I like the vertical bar to the right of the %. What if you put 1 on each side? It'd be a 50/50 set of vertical bars with 1 on each side. 100 down to 50 on the left. Once depleted, the right side begins falling from 50.

Thoughts?

Another idea is a hold-over from WinMo. I used to have a 1 or 2 pixel band across the top of the screen. No numbers, just a long, themed strip that decrements from left to right.

The bar across the screen that diminishes is an awesome idea. That would be one of the sweetest mods.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

·
Android Fanatic
195 Posts

·
Android Army/Themer
235 Posts

·
Average Android
207 Posts
I really like the battery icons in the GummyComb theme (circles). It would be nice to have that available in other colors.

·
Android Apprentice
22 Posts
Can't wait for the battery mods, I personally only want the little Android guy & the stock battery icon. I don't see why people crave the Honeycomb icon so much, is it more accurate or what? Whatever, thanks for the news and work Kejar :]

edit: @aaronDroid80; That's Honeycomb.

·
Android Apprentice
16 Posts
"blarrick said:
Can't wait for the battery mods, I personally only want the little Android guy & the stock battery icon. I don't see why people crave the Honeycomb icon so much, is it more accurate or what? Whatever, thanks for the news and work Kejar :]

edit: @aaronDroid80; That's Honeycomb.
The numbers are clearer and larger...plus people just like what they like...i think the stock battery is boring personally and am running the murdercharged honeycomb battery and is awesome

·
Android Lover
255 Posts
Well I liked those Android bot shaped icons that changed color gradually, but I'm pretty sure they were made by danalo, so.... Yeah.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts