Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Average Android
Joined
·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much life is everybody squeezing out of their TBolts? What ROM, Kernel, CPU frequency, governor, etc... are you using?

I've only been able to manage a very best of about 12 hours on CM7 RC1.4 using the standard kernel and ondemand governor, set to a 600 powersave bias, but I just wiped everything and went for a fresh install, so we'll see if it holds up any better.
 

·
Android Master
Joined
·
563 Posts
16hrs of heavy heavy use. 24hrs with normal use. Gingeritis 3d, ziggys kernel no tweaks, chingys new radio leak.

Sent from my thunderbolt using my f***King thumbs
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
34 Posts
"sonami said:
16hrs of heavy heavy use. 24hrs with normal use. Gingeritis 3d, ziggys kernel no tweaks, chingys new radio leak.

Sent from my thunderbolt using my f***King thumbs
Where is ziggys kernel? I can't find it. Thanks.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
135 Posts
+1
This has been BY FAR my best battery rom. Flashed Vipermod and dropped the voltage a bit more for good measure and my battery life is so damned good I am having trouble leaving the damned rom!
Seriously... some one get me a (*&^ing flashable MIUI battery meter and Bluetooth stack that does not SUCK so I can stop going between this and OMFGB!!!
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
17 Posts
SOLID 2 days with CM7 1.4, MR2.5 radio, oc to 1420 min @268 smartass gvnr, wifi most of the time, sync on, screen brightness right in the middle (i cant stand auto because sometimes dimness sticks until a reboot for me) and the tiamat 2.3 kernel. but i have the extended battery :smile3:
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"tjk2795 said:
SOLID 2 days with CM7 1.4, MR2.5 radio, oc to 1420 min @268 smartass gvnr, wifi most of the time, sync on, screen brightness right in the middle (i cant stand auto because sometimes dimness sticks until a reboot for me) and the tiamat 2.3 kernel. but i have the extended battery :smile3:
Alright, you psyched me out. My friend has the extended battery as well and he rubs it in my face all the time. Is it a slim extended battery, or one that requires the larger back?
 

·
Android Addict
Joined
·
715 Posts
Getting 20 hours with normal/moderate use, running cm7 rc1.4, chingys leaked radio, imoseyons lean kernel (extreme mode via terminal emulator, oc 1.4, under volted) on interactive. Equal mix of wifi and 4g on a standard battery. I'm finally to the point where I don't even worry about the battery gauge anymore.

"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is lightning that does all the work" Mark Twain
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
17 Posts
Cblox said:
Alright, you psyched me out. My friend has the extended battery as well and he rubs it in my face all the time. Is it a slim extended battery, or one that requires the larger back?
its the super duper big giant oem battery, i never even installed the stock one. i knew what i was getting into when i got the phone, a battery hog. i bought 2 thunderbolts, one for myself and another for my fiancee, and we both got the extended battery on day 1, and both are running my settings. she gets a day and a half, because she plays a lot of music at work, but i only use mine for reading techie stuff and a little gba emulation, nothing crazy. and if i do stream music its plugged in my truck. i dont think any of the slim fit batteries are worth it, theyre not a significant increase in mah, which is what matters
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
126 Posts




This is on Chingy 's 3d rom with MR2 radio. Best battery life so far of any rom.

I use 3g and wifi almsot all the time though.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
99 Posts
I don't see how people are getting such good life. With my regular battery I get 2-4 hours wth moderate to heavy use. With my extended I get 6-8 hours. 10 tops. Same usage. Never overclock, min set 192/1036. Currently tiamat 1004 and liquids cm7. Tried every rom kernel combo. On my 3rd tbolt and have 5 battery's and every phone and battery I use gives the same results. Always bump charge and wipe battle stats. Tried undervolting to no avail. I'd love to go all day on my extended but can't. Don't know how people can get 2 days
 

·
Android Addict
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
jasonpantuliano said:
I don't see how people are getting such good life. With my regular battery I get 2-4 hours wth moderate to heavy use. With my extended I get 6-8 hours. 10 tops. Same usage. Never overclock, min set 192/1036. Currently tiamat 1004 and liquids cm7. Tried every rom kernel combo. On my 3rd tbolt and have 5 battery's and every phone and battery I use gives the same results. Always bump charge and wipe battle stats. Tried undervolting to no avail. I'd love to go all day on my extended but can't. Don't know how people can get 2 days
How good is your coverage? I know that you can eat battery like crazy if your phone is constantly searching for a signal. Also, you may have a bad app. Check spare parts battery section and see if any apps are causing your phone any extensive problems.

Also, on CM7 RC1.4 Stock Kernel, 245 min 1410 max ondemand, extended battery, I get about 24 hours of use with emailing, some gaming, a lot of texting and 4G on the whole time.
 

·
Android Master
Joined
·
563 Posts
"jasonpantuliano said:
I don't see how people are getting such good life. With my regular battery I get 2-4 hours wth moderate to heavy use. With my extended I get 6-8 hours. 10 tops. Same usage. Never overclock, min set 192/1036. Currently tiamat 1004 and liquids cm7. Tried every rom kernel combo. On my 3rd tbolt and have 5 battery's and every phone and battery I use gives the same results. Always bump charge and wipe battle stats. Tried undervolting to no avail. I'd love to go all day on my extended but can't. Don't know how people can get 2 days
Its all about your settings/apps and the combination of rom /radio/kernel

Sent from my thunderbolt using my f***King thumbs
 

·
Droider
Joined
·
45 Posts
"jasonpantuliano said:
I don't see how people are getting such good life. With my regular battery I get 2-4 hours wth moderate to heavy use. With my extended I get 6-8 hours. 10 tops. Same usage. Never overclock, min set 192/1036. Currently tiamat 1004 and liquids cm7. Tried every rom kernel combo. On my 3rd tbolt and have 5 battery's and every phone and battery I use gives the same results. Always bump charge and wipe battle stats. Tried undervolting to no avail. I'd love to go all day on my extended but can't. Don't know how people can get 2 days
Neither can I man. Wish I could
 

Attachments

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
99 Posts
I checked my stats and my biggest user is cell standby. I have great coverage. Usually in philadelphia pa with constant 4g coverage. Even when I turn off 4g it barely makes a difference. This is why I own 5 batteries.
 

·
Android Addict
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
Just a little update for everyone. 6 Hours of very minor usage (On 4G) and have only used 11% of battery (This is after a reboot so this number "should" be my correct percentage. Good enough for me considering that means my phone should last about 60 Hours. Hard to believe but I guess without the display being on its possible.
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
194 Posts
You should calibrate after each kernel swap. with such terrible life it sounds like the problem. There is no reason to drain the battery in 4 hours. Run a complete calibration and see if it doesn't shape up.
 
1 - 20 of 107 Posts
Top