Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, for those of you who know who I am, you probably have heard me rant about overclocking, underclocking, undervolting, etc. and how it can be risky and never seen the point. Well, I have finally changed my mind on that. A few weeks back I bought JRummy's Overclock Utility from the market. It's a great app, really is. I decided to just play around with it and I was actually shocked by my findings. Right now I have my Droid X set to : 1.2 Ghz OC, Low Voltage. I didn't do Ultra Low, because I didn't want to restrict power too much, it can cause bootloops and other ugly stuff to happen. But here is what I got from that:
http://yfrog.com/khe1xp

That was taken literally right before it shut itself off from low battery.

Im running CM4DX with the Camera Fix and I have modified nothing else otherwise.

Never thought i'd see my phone last, with moderate use, for most part over 15 hours.

·
Android Apprentice
45 Posts
airforcegeek said:
So, for those of you who know who I am, you probably have heard me rant about overclocking, underclocking, undervolting, etc. and how it can be risky and never seen the point. Well, I have finally changed my mind on that. A few weeks back I bought JRummy's Overclock Utility from the market. It's a great app, really is. I decided to just play around with it and I was actually shocked by my findings. Right now I have my Droid X set to : 1.2 Ghz OC, Low Voltage. I didn't do Ultra Low, because I didn't want to restrict power too much, it can cause bootloops and other ugly stuff to happen. But here is what I got from that:

Im running CM4DX with the Camera Fix and I have modified nothing else otherwise.

Never thought i'd see my phone last, with moderate use, for most part over 15 hours.
My battery life blows with CM4DX. One thing that helped a lot was to turn off 3G data while connected to WiFi. I am going to give this a try. CM4DX is so dang smooth that I cannot give it up. I hope battery life increases as the betas progress.

·
Android Apprentice
15 Posts
marcfogel said:
My battery life blows with CM4DX. One thing that helped a lot was to turn off 3G data while connected to WiFi. I am going to give this a try. CM4DX is so dang smooth that I cannot give it up. I hope battery life increases as the betas progress.
How do you do that?

·
Android Addict
756 Posts
Nightly 7 seemed to fix cell standby draining battery like crazy now its just display like it should be so here's to hoping it continues getting better in future builds

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android Optimizer
283 Posts
Cm7 nightly 7 is by far the best. With a data wipe the performance and decent battery life I'm getting with cm7, I'm never going back to stock.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
airforcegeek said:

Um was your battery under charge for part of that period? Your % increased....

Um was your battery under charge for part of that period? Your % increased....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nope.. never charged it.. i said the same thing... i even refreshed... lol. the only reason it went up is inactivity over 8 hours when i was sleeping..that bar was showing activity..not %.. iirc..

·
Android Enthusiast
244 Posts
Thanks for the head's up, AFG. I've always has problems with random reboots on Droid Overclock. I'm going to try your settings and see what happens. I'm also on CM4DX #7 w/ the Camera fix. I'll post an update after I finish charging, calibrating, and running for a day on it.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
airforcegeek said:
Nope.. never charged it.. i said the same thing... i even refreshed... lol. the only reason it went up is inactivity over 8 hours when i was sleeping..that bar was showing activity..not %.. iirc..
You sure? The bar at the top is % & when it went up your screen was on. Why would inactivity make it go up then down & then up again? Yours is all over the place. See how mine only goes down http://kan.gd/sel

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
If your Display only used 4% of your battery then you must not use your phone nearly as much as I use mine. Right now my Display has used 61% of my battery...
I've tried ULV and LV and nothing seems to have a significant impact on my battery life. Only thing is reducing my screen brightness all the way. But that's annoying when it's bright out.
Just my two cents.

·
Android Lover
127 Posts
nightly 7, i get like 18 hours battery life. no complaints here, especially for how much i use it

1 - 20 of 46 Posts