Android OS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
For Us By Us
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows if the Beats audio is hardware and/or software based? I'm asking because I'm really loving the audio out of my touchpad and I'm hoping that it's easy to get on the android port. Just curious if it's PROLLY possible, easily possible, or impossible. Thanks in advance.

Yes I know could probably scour the internet for answers but I enjoy teh p2pz

·
Android Apprentice
59 Posts
Beats audio is thr hardware, in this case, the speakers. The sound driver that it is running is called Wolfson, which is one of the best integrated sound chipset for mobile. It is also used on Galaxy S phones.

·
Somewhere surrounded by server stacks...
130 Posts
DSP manager trumps it in many ways though. It just offers far more than beats audio does as a whole; from my listening, all beats audio does is add an unnatural and very narrow frequency bass boost to your music. It actually managed to cause a headache until I turned it off in the sound settings. But yes, the sound chip used is excellent, and any music you listen to will sound great. By the way, it was through Pioneer headphones. Hopefully, your library is lossless though. Or else you're not listening to music the way the artist intended you to.

·
Android Apprentice
18 Posts
It is hardware of a sort, what they did was isolate all of the sound circuitry onto the board away from everything else, thus reducing or eliminating interference from other "stuff". There is a video on youtube that tells this and I will search it up and provide a link in the future, or simply google it yourself.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
I am really amazed at how much sound comes out of this lil' guy. I have a 17.3 in HP (dv7) multimedia laptop with the little "sub-woofer" (Altec Lansing) on the bottom and it is by far trumped by the HP touch Pad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.