Android OS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Supporting Member
26 Posts
kingdroid, I'm right there with you!

Based on my learning experiences thus far, these guys are saying the same things I have been told by others... it helps if you have an idea of what you want to accomplish as a dev but it isn't exactly a pre-requisite to learning. I have tons of ideas and know what I want to do as a dev but my coding background is *very* limited beyond what I was exposed to in school (and it wasn't much), so I am turning to using books and googling to fill the gap. I recommend this book if you don't have any Java knowledge... it provides a basic foundation in that language and how it applies to Android programming (since 'Andy apps are written in Java) towards the end of the book. After that, there is this book which will get you started on how to build stuff in the SDK so that you can get it on the market. There's also oodles of stuff freely available on the web, including OpenCourseWare classes that you can follow along with to help get your learn on.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.