Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Android Beginner
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't found a way to see that actual percentage of the battery on this phone. Is there? I do better with real numbers than graphical representations. I don't trust them....especially with a graphical representation of 1/2 full actually means 40%. When I hit 40% charge I want to be plugging the phone in to re-up.

·
Supporting Member
1,839 Posts
I just this on my main screen because it looks nice and you can set three different colors to represent ranges of % left (I have <15% red, <25% orange, the rest green) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.curvefish.batterylife&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5jdXJ2ZWZpc2guYmF0dGVyeWxpZmUiXQ..
And this to track life over time and give an estimate of time until dead (or charged if you're charging). https://market.android.com/details?id=ccc71.bmw&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNjYzcxLmJtdyJd

The first one also has the option to show "extended data" which includes voltage, temp, and whether it's charging via AC or USB. It is a 2x1 widget. The second logs current draw and graphs it so you can see at what rate you're using your battery and how that is affect by different factors or just what times of the day you're really sucking power, etc. Like I said, it also estimates how long you have left based on current usage, usage since unplugged, and 'global' ie average over a much longer time frame (and therefore pretty accurate if you continue a normal trend). It has many sizes but I use the 1x1 widget for quick info (Current draw, global estimated time, and percent left). There are also large graphs that can be placed as widgets but I don't use them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if you're rooted, but I used UOT to get the "digital battery" read-out which is a LED-like number read out of the battery level. I've used it on my Incredible with six different ROMs and I'm using it on my Rezound with the deodexed stock ROM and some other mods.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.