Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an update for all you Best Buy campers looking to pick up a TouchPad. I just got back from camping out at a Best Buy and the very rude manager told us that "[All?] Best Buys recieved their only shipment on Wednesday, and that is it. No more."

So I don't know if my SoCal area Best Buys got their shipments Wed or if that meant ALL Best Buys got them then. Either way, it looks like Best Buy is no longer an option in the last minute frenzy to pick up a device.

Good luck to you all and be a good fellow forum member and keep dropping any updates you have back here to help out the community. Remember, we're supposed to be helping each other on this forum not having slanderous flame wars causing rifts due to greed.

·
Android Lover
156 Posts
Well it can't apply to all stores because i stopped at my local bb and they handed out tickets for a shipment they are getting today

·
Android Apprentice
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. Yeah, I heard some were handing out vouchers, but I was told by my BB that that was over. It must vary by region. Well good luck to you.

·
Android Lover
232 Posts
chriszwho said:
Ok. Yeah, I heard some were handing out vouchers, but I was told by my BB that that was over. It must vary by region. Well good luck to you.
I heard only big traffic BestBuy stores would be getting some this weekend. Take it for what its worth..probably nothing :-(

·
Somewhere surrounded by server stacks...
130 Posts
Yeah, can't be true. A Rhode Island Best Buy actually got stock today.

·
Registered
982 Posts
chriszwho said:
This is an update for all you Best Buy campers looking to pick up a TouchPad. I just got back from camping out at a Best Buy and the very rude manager told us that "[All?] Best Buys recieved their only shipment on Wednesday, and that is it. No more."

So I don't know if my SoCal area Best Buys got their shipments Wed or if that meant ALL Best Buys got them then. Either way, it looks like Best Buy is no longer an option in the last minute frenzy to pick up a device.

Good luck to you all and be a good fellow forum member and keep dropping any updates you have back here to help out the community. Remember, we're supposed to be helping each other on this forum not having slanderous flame wars causing rifts due to greed.
They were Dix at the the weho (Los Angeles stores...)

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Man, if any of you guys from socal can get an extra hp touchpad, let me know. I will see if there are any available around my area. But i doubt it so far.

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
My best buy in Washington state is getting some tomorrow... They said they've had about 200 people call and ask about them. The best buy is about an hour away, so I'm debating on whether I should go and try and pick one up.

·
schmoove
85 Posts
I'm at work today (time and a half... hell yea) and the wife just got her ticket for a 32GB at the Best Buy in knoxville! Can't wait for android on this thing.

Thunderbolt..... RootzWiki.... blah blah blah

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
lu270bro said:
I'm at work today (time and a half... hell yea) and the wife just got her ticket for a 32GB at the Best Buy in knoxville! Can't wait for android on this thing.

Thunderbolt..... RootzWiki.... blah blah blah
Knoxville, TN?? Seems like all the stores in the SE got SE this morning. I can personally vouch that Madison, MS got 22, Jackson, MS about the same and the flowood, ms store also received stock this morning. All 3 stores had substantial lines before 730am. Tickets were handed out around 8 and I went home empty handed! I don't mind going home empty handed but to go home empty handed when one particular group or family in line are all playing on touchpads already and another member of the group sitting over by their vehicle offering to sell touchpads to people getting turned away by best buy. At quite a markup I might add! Now that pisses me off! It had to be around 15 or better touchpads in the back of their vehicle! Wasn't it apple that at one point required a credit card to buy an iPad? To somewhat cut down on scalping??

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
And don't trust their instruction on the phone. Local Best buy had message announcing in their phone that all sale will be starting 9AM this morning. Guess what, another manager claim it was mistake and all unit sold out last night. He also said Best buy doesn't have any more stocks nor expecting any more.

·
Average Android
74 Posts
I will confirm what the OP says here in CO. All Best Buys got their shipments in mid week. In this state, they sold them as they wanted but everyone put them up by yesterday. Every location in the state no says no more coming in.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Looks like central Florida is out of luck. After checking the online stock system and then talking to a couple friends who work in logistics at my local best buy store, they have been told not to expect any more shipments for the touchpad. SOL CFL guys :(

·
Android Lover
232 Posts
thebaka18 said:
Looks like central Florida is out of luck. After checking the online stock system and then talking to a couple friends who work in logistics at my local best buy store, they have been told not to expect any more shipments for the touchpad. SOL CFL guys :(
There was a Branden store that had them listed yesterday. Probably the only places left or ebay with people turning a profit or hope HP gets enough to cover the long list they must have. Anyone have any idea how many TP's can fit on a container ship? ;-)

·
Android Apprentice
18 Posts
HP has mostly covered their long list from people I've spoken to. Most of their stock is going to go to new orders from what I'd guess. I still doubt 75k will be enough but I'm hoping to get an order in this time.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
piiman said:
There was a Branden store that had them listed yesterday. Probably the only places left or ebay with people turning a profit or hope HP gets enough to cover the long list they must have. Anyone have any idea how many TP's can fit on a container ship? ;-)
Sweet! how about carpooling and raiding-- uh buying!! the brandon store for some awesome goodies!

·
Android Apprentice
18 Posts
In Buford, GA I was told a shipment may be coming in and that if it did, they would use the voucher system. This wasn't from a manager, but a security guy posted up front. He said it has been a madhouse and he didn't get one as his manager told him they must do customers first. He could be full of it, but he seemed peeved he couldn't get one and everyone was asking him, including me.

The reason why I asked him, is that he is loss prevention and when I worked there in 2001 an LP guy oversaw all deliveries. I don't know if it is still the case so I asked anyhow.

I can confirm over the past week they did get a delivery of around 50 that were gone in minutes from people driving from other stores, mainly alpheretta(sp). Seems there was an associate that sold from his store and allowed to pick up in buford. I know personally 2 that got it from buford, yet they didn't call or have a hold of any kind, just got lucky. This info may or may not help anyone, but is what I have knowledge of. Best of luck to all still searching.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Alright guys, I actually work for a Best Buy in the PA area and as of 7 oclock last night RSS (our inventory system) was showing a -49 unit count (16GB) for the entire district, which means that touchpads have been sent back to HP the on hand count is 0 for each local store. However there was a popup in out ETK (Employee Toolkit) this week that said something to the effect of "Our orrigional plan to sell hp touchpads was to sit them on a pallet and let them sell, however due to overwhelming demand we are issueing a ticket(PDF with line number and MOD signature) to sell the remaining touchpads". So to me it sounds like we will continue to get shippments at random but i wouldnt ask managers because they either dont know or are told to mums the word even to us employees. Good luck everyone

1 - 20 of 27 Posts