Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's what I know about Best Buy.

KEEP TRYING!

After standing in line Sunday morning, and on Saturday (at another) and today, I finally got two!

I called around and finally found someone who would TALK about them. They told me a certain store had some "in transit" and so I blasted to that store (trucks usually get there between 3 and 5 from what I was told, at least in this area).

Waited about 5 minutes at CS desk (reading a book on my phone) and they started setting up the line thingys.

This BB had actually gotten ~ 50 of each...

·
Average Android
69 Posts
I went to one. I have a job though. :erm (1):

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
The job thing is the only thing that kept me from getting one for my fiance today at the local best buy close to me.. Oh well.. She wasn't heartbroken, she'll just steal mine and play with it, lol.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
So... I called my local bestbuy tonight about an hour after receiving cancel email from Amazon/onSale.... and low and behold I get "Man, we have a bunch of each model but you better hurry"... So I jumped in my car and flew down to bestbuy... About 5 minutes... Same guy that answered phone was at counter and could tell by look on my face... Said, I've sold 12 since you called... BUUUUT Still had over 10 left in each model... Grabbed myself a 32gb, FIIINALLY!!!

Also, clerk was strictly enforcing a "One of each model limit"... I could get a 16 and 32 but could not get 2 16s or 2 32s....

Def, keep trying!!

·
Average Android
69 Posts
Lucky you martin. Pick me up one too :androidwink:

·
F*cking badass
45 Posts
All I know is after these past 5 days, BEST BUY CAN SUCK IT. They have been absolutely atrocious at dealing with the whole situation and not to mention the douchebag employees all snatch up the Touchpads and they don't tell any customers about them. And they lie about being in stock and when the trucks come etc etc.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Let me clear up the BB think since I work there. First off all of us get to buy them Saturday night and were allowed 1 EACH!! So we didn't take them all and all you people who get all upset and shit becuase we dont have them can suck a fat NUT! Also we are not supposed to tell you about trunks and we dont have to either and let me explain to you why some stores got them and other didn't. Its becuase they were already in Transit our entire system shows them out of stock in our warehouse we have no ****ing contorl on where and when they come if they even do. So you can all be dicks about it but we still dont know were a hidden pot of touchpads will be and we will never know
/end rant

·
Android Addict
546 Posts
Sinned said:
Let me clear up the BB think since I work there. First off all of us get to buy them Saturday night and were allowed 1 EACH!! So we didn't take them all and all you people who get all upset and shit becuase we dont have them can suck a fat NUT! Also we are not supposed to tell you about trunks and we dont have to either and let me explain to you why some stores got them and other didn't. Its becuase they were already in Transit our entire system shows them out of stock in our warehouse we have no ****ing contorl on where and when they come if they even do. So you can all be dicks about it but we still dont know were a hidden pot of touchpads will be and we will never know
/end rant
Since this is your only post, I wonder if you respond back. But I work in retail as well as you do. I was first in line today at a best buy and manager came out to tell us there were no touchpads in stock. The reason I didn't believe not just him, because of the B.S. story another employee told me about they weren't getting any. Really? not getting any. Even though best buy tweets that they are and you have no idea.

So then as i continued to walk around the store to wait a bit in case a truck comes in. I notice several employees grab for the HP touchpad accessories rack and start grabbing them and taking them to the back and register area. Now why would employees do that if something you claim are not getting anymore? I saw a Fedex truck and UPS truck deliver up to an hour before the store opened. Means absolutely nothing i know, could have just been a ironic. But then employee has to mock the customers that are just hanging around waiting for a truck. Store #144 in Ahwatukee in Phoenix. He claims he was talking to his co worker, but if your going to complain about customers, don't do it loud enough for them to hear you. And yes, I did yell back him. then I left. I wasn't going to deal with that crap. And I'm not the only one that had bad experience with best buy.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
I dont think you understand that 4 zillion of you people come in asking for touchpads and when we dont have them you think we murdered your first born....Also we HONESTLY dont know if are getting more I promise you if store's are getting them us peopls from the Sup level and below have no say or knowledge about it. So if a store has some they didn't know about it I promise you and I havn't seen anymore MORE come to my store since they went on sell Saturday so good luck, but I promise you MOST of us aren't hording shit.

·
Android Apprentice
46 Posts
Best Buy is horrible. They have bad customer service, and the employees all have a bad attitude (see above poster). It does not bother me too much anymore. I buy everything on amazon. Best Buy has lost over $3000 from me to Amazon this year. I am sure they will go the way of Borders soon enough.

·
Android Addict
546 Posts
"Sinned said:
I dont think you understand that 4 zillion of you people come in asking for touchpads and when we dont have them you think we murdered your first born....Also we HONESTLY dont know if are getting more I promise you if store's are getting them us peopls from the Sup level and below have no say or knowledge about it. So if a store has some they didn't know about it I promise you and I havn't seen anymore MORE come to my store since they went on sell Saturday so good luck, but I promise you MOST of us aren't hording shit.
I appreciate you responding. I am sure you don't know what is going on and that is why we are not believing you.

We read that best buy was going honor the retail price, then they were going to pull the product, then you are to sell the reduce price for them. I can understand that the corporate info is not being passed down to store level quick enough creating a huge commotion.

Best buy needs to let the stores know when these shipments are coming into the stores.

·
Android Apprentice
46 Posts
here was my experience with BB on Saturday morning. Myself and three others showed up to BB @ 9:30am. 10 minutes later a guy comes out and says says they sent the touchpad back to HP. We called BS, 'HP is not taking them back'... To which the guy replied, 'well there was something wrong with them....' Yep.... You got a bad shipment? Bull... I found one somewhere else, and I am glad.

the last two times I went to BB was to make >1k purchases, but after 45-60 minutes of trying to get someone to help me I just left and ordered from AMZ

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
As an employee in a retail environment I can tell you that it is more frustrating for us then it is for you. First we are told next to nothing that is from GM's down to line level. Add that tithe fact that we are asked these thing nine million times which is ok I get it its my job and 99% of the poplar ok and understand its the ppl that feel they deserve to have one right now no matter what. And if you are one of the ones that feel that way then I have a few for sale 299 lets see how much you want one of them now

1 - 20 of 28 Posts