Android OS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Android Apprentice
46 Posts
Best Buy is horrible. They have bad customer service, and the employees all have a bad attitude (see above poster). It does not bother me too much anymore. I buy everything on amazon. Best Buy has lost over $3000 from me to Amazon this year. I am sure they will go the way of Borders soon enough.

· Android Apprentice
46 Posts
here was my experience with BB on Saturday morning. Myself and three others showed up to BB @ 9:30am. 10 minutes later a guy comes out and says says they sent the touchpad back to HP. We called BS, 'HP is not taking them back'... To which the guy replied, 'well there was something wrong with them....' Yep.... You got a bad shipment? Bull... I found one somewhere else, and I am glad.

the last two times I went to BB was to make >1k purchases, but after 45-60 minutes of trying to get someone to help me I just left and ordered from AMZ

· Android Apprentice
46 Posts
bttfpromo said:
Good job posting an example that is only available in roughly 15% of Best Buy stores.

As for information being known by employees, Sinned is correct. Best Buy does not tell employees information for high value items. It would make no sense. If I knew how many Touchpads were coming in and when, I could easily hide them for myself. Or even worse, I would cause a ruckus when I tell a customer "We should be getting 10 tomorrow afternoon."
They did the same thing when iPads came out or when Black Friday rolled around.

And speaking of bad information, here's the situation. Most employees do not tell facts, they tell you blank information. As in they mention information with no value whatsoever. The customer would then fill in the blanks. It works real well when they don't know anything about a product. So yeah, blame the employees for this 'inception' type sales tactic, but blame the customer for making up BS.
An example would be "Yeah, Samsung makes a great fridge. We never get returns." This information is true, but has no information about the product. The customer then assumes that this particular fridge is an awesome fridge, and that it has awesome features that no other fridge has.

Other examples include "LED TVs are really thin and bright"
"This product doesn't have great reviews"
"If you want to take great shots, this camera is great"
"This model has been real popular lately"

Probably going to get flamed for this post, and I'm not defending anyone, just explaining what's up.
This is all bad salesmanship though. Misleading by omission is the same as lying. Customers come into brick and mortar stores to get hands-on insight into the product they want to buy. When BB employees--through misinformation or ignorance--do not provide the customer with real knowledge about a product, the customer eventually looks for somewhere else to shop. This is why sales at brick and mortar stores is consistently falling while sales at online retailers like AMZ is on the rise. You can get way better information from AMZ reviews than you could ever get from the losers at BB... for a lot less $$

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.