Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a rom that has good battery life. Rather then the process of guessing and checking I thought I would ask and see what people's thoughts were who have already tried some different roms.

I'm currently running cm7 nightly# 34 and the battery life so far has not been the greatest for me. With moderate use my battery is down to about 20% after approximately 8 or so hours. Not just for this nightly, but for any nightly I've tried so far. It's a great rom, I just need something a little bit better on battery.

·
su
2,292 Posts
Rooted Gingerbread or even Froyo will give you your absolute best battery life. I tried to go back and just couldn't do it. MIUI has given me my best battery life as far as roms go though.

·
Average Android
488 Posts
Shuji with v6 supercharger has been the best for me and I've been through them all multiple times. The battery drain when it is not beening used extremely minimal. But that's just my opinion.

·
Developer
331 Posts
CM7 battery life was absolutely terrible for me. MIUI definitely has had the best battery life (out of 2nd-init ROMs). I might even go as far as saying MIUI battery life is better than .596 was for me. I get 18 hours with heavy usage.

The only problems I've had from MIUI were caused by not wiping data coming from 2.3.4 (MIUI version < 1.7.29) to 2.3.5 (MIUI version > 1.8.5). But MIUI's backup system made restoring everything after a data wipe trivial.

I'd recommended trying them all for yourself.

·
Themer
632 Posts
firstEncounter said:
CM7 battery life was absolutely terrible for me. MIUI definitely has had the best battery life (out of 2nd-init ROMs). I might even go as far as saying MIUI battery life is better than .596 was for me. I get 18 hours with heavy usage.

The only problems I've had from MIUI were caused by not wiping data coming from 2.3.4 (MIUI version < 1.7.29) to 2.3.5 (MIUI version > 1.8.5). But MIUI's backup system made restoring everything after a data wipe trivial.

I'd recommended trying them all for yourself.
i tried miui, but hated how it felt like a iPhone

·
Android Apprentice
229 Posts
bretth18 said:
i tried miui, but hated how it felt like a iPhone
thats how i was too. just couldnt stand it. but all 2nd init roms battery life should be better. 13th angel found a problem with the phones using power incorrectly while sleeping and that caused some battery drain. I know Revnumbers included the fix in his Cm7 unofficial nightlies for d2, dx, and d2g. Ive been getting roughly 15 hours of heavy usage with this fix and my phone thankfully looks nothing like an iphone.

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
I have pretty much given up on finding the rom with the best life.. Just find a rom you like and stick with it and charge it when it gets low. I am running omfgb, i'm sure i'll switch roms tomorrow, just to not get bored.

Shuji on 596 and omfgb have been the best so far for me.

You can use a different launcher on MIUI and get rid of the iphone look.

·
Android Apprentice
135 Posts
I decided to start trying roms because stock .596 wasn't giving me good battery life. I've been running ZombieStomped 1.7 for over a week. It's been a little over 7 hours since I took my phone off the charger, and I'm at 70%. I haven't done a whole lot with it today, but TweetDeck and K9Mail have been updating over 3G all day. last night I was at 20% after 17 hours and only charging it once in the car for about 20 minutes on the way home. I never got a battery warning before I put it on the charger before bed. I want to give CM7 a try since it rocks on my wife's nook color, but I can't handle that battery life.

·
Android Apprentice
124 Posts
Liberty GB v0.9 has the best battery life of any ROM I've tried. I pull my phone off the charger and turn off wifi, bluetooth, gps and sync before I go to bed, and when I pick it up in the morning it still reports 100% battery (10% increments.)

·
Android Addict
546 Posts
I am on stock .602 rooted, but with most blur debloated myself using SystemApp Remover app. I am very happy with battery life on this. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait until a full deblurred rom. Like an AOSP Liberty or Shuji Rom. But have been on Stock since released on TBH app. I most likely will stay until rom comes out based on .602

Edit: Forgot to mention battery usage. I got 16 hour on medium usage. Thats pretty darn great on stock blur. Just imagine what it could be once a dev gets a hold of it and completely get rid of blur.

·
Average Android
98 Posts
Every 2nd inuit rom I've tried has been horrible & that seems 2b the trend I could never get 10hrs w/ moderate use, apex I was getting 15 so I would suggest a rom on the gingerbread kernel

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am on cm7 and I get really good battery life with juice defender.

I followed BMc08GT post and tweaked a few setting to best suite me and now I get about23 hours on one charge with low usage.

Edit: Here's proof.

·
Android Addict
546 Posts
Chubbs said:
I am on cm7 and I get really good battery life with juice defender.

I followed BMc08GT post and tweaked a few setting to best suite me and now I get about23 hours on one charge with moderate usage.

Edit: Here's proof.

With your phone idle time is more then display time, i would say your using phone less then moderate time. and not using it as a smartphone.

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
"anrichardson said:
With your phone idle time is more then display time, i would say your using phone less then moderate time. and not using it as a smartphone.
Agreed. When people say Moderate, Light, or Heavy usage, it's all relative. Compared to that screenshot, if he's a moderate user, I am a power user. On CM my battery lasts 12-14 hours. On non 2nd init ROMs my battery lasts much longer, over 20 hours. I think it's pretty much consensus that the non 2nd init ROMs blow the 2nd init ROMs out of the water battery wise, but they sacrifice speed for this.

·
Registered
42 Posts
anrichardson said:
Perhaps my moderate usage is low usage from your perspective. I'll make the edit to avoid confusion on my post.

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
"clouse2013 said:
thats how i was too. just couldnt stand it. but all 2nd init roms battery life should be better. 13th angel found a problem with the phones using power incorrectly while sleeping and that caused some battery drain. I know Revnumbers included the fix in his Cm7 unofficial nightlies for d2, dx, and d2g. Ive been getting roughly 15 hours of heavy usage with this fix and my phone thankfully looks nothing like an iphone.
Where is the battery fix you mention? I don't see any posts about it.

·
Android Lover
462 Posts
"echonaut said:
Where is the battery fix you mention? I don't see any posts about it.
RevNumbers has included the fix in his kanged nightlies. He has also stated himself that he doesn't believe that it really fixes anything but he thinks it just adjusts how the numbers are reported.

★Tell people anything that you want and they will always hear what they want to hear.

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki Forums

1 - 20 of 40 Posts